Data Privacy Day Town Hall & Breakfast @ Seattle Art Museum
Wednesday, January 30, 2013 from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM (PST)
Seattle, United States
JOIN GOVERNMENT & BUSINESS LEADERS ON JANUARY 30!
Respecting Privacy, Safeguarding Data & Enabling Trust
Attend the 2013 Data Privacy & Data Protection Town Hall meeting in Seattle, WA and hear from national experts in privacy, public-policy, data stewardship, legal and law enforcement. Network and connect with federal and local government leaders and businesses to learn about best practices, big-data, self-regulation and data incident loss preparation.
Learn from law enforcement how you can help counter cybercriminals and preserve valuable forensic data, while protecting your company’s brand reputation. Keep your brand from being in the headlines and joining the ranks of T.J.Max, Zappos, Michaels Stores, Global Payments, Wyndham Hotels and others.
- Keynote: Washington State Attorney General, Bob Ferguson
- Robert Andrew, President / CEO, Better Business Bureau, Alaska, Oregon & Western Washington
- Chris Babel, CEO, TRUSTe
- Craig Spiezle, Executive Director & President, Online Trust Alliance (Moderator)
- Kirk Arthur, Special Agent, United States Secret Service,
- Bob Schroeder, Regional Director, Federal Trade Commission
- Paula Selis, Senior Counsel, Consumer Protection Division, Washington State Attorney General's Office.
- Tim Wallach, Supervisory Special Agent, Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Aaron Weller, Managing Director, Data Protection & Privacy, PwC
- Tim Rohrbaugh, Chief Information Security Officer, Intersections / Identity Guard
Register Today - This venue is limited to only 100 seats. OTA and BBB members who pre-register can save an additional $10 with a member discount code. Press may register at no-charge and arrange for speaker interviews by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. email@example.com.
- Gain an understanding of the evolving role and definition of privacy.
- Discover best practices that will help protect your brand and data from abuse.
- Understand the evolving regulatory framework in the US, Canada & EU.
- Gain insights into Do Not Track and evolving Self-Regulatory initiatives.
- Learn the essentials of data forensics & how to work with law enforcement.
- Enhance trust & confidence for your customers and brands.
- Qualifies for 3 IAPP CPE credits
Who Should Attend - Any organization including businesses, governmental agencies and non-profits that collect customer and employee data or retain business confidential data. A must attend for online marketers, ecommerce sites and interactive advertisers.
The Wild West - Convergence of Big Data, Innovation & Privacy
This panel will explore key issues as they relate to consumer control of data that is collected, used and shared. Speakers will discuss the evolving definition of privacy, data stewardship, demands for consumer control and best practices for self-regulation. Speakers will provide an update on evolving legislation, mobile platforms and COPPA (Children’s Privacy).
Data Protection & Breach Response
Since 2005 over 605 million records have been compromised reflecting losses in public health, academia government and the private sector. According to leading research, upwards of 90% of all breaches could be prevented with adherence of best practices. Panelists will share key challenges and steps to enhance data and brand protection. This session will review highlights of the OTA 2013 Data Protection and Incident Response Guide and provide actionable advice to better protect your data including best practices in customer notifications, identity theft remediation, forensics and working with law enforcement.
More Information - Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425-455-7400. Day of event 425-785-7234.
*Speakers subject to change without notice.
About Data Privacy Day - The theme for Data Privacy Day is Respecting Privacy, Safeguarding Data and Enabling Trust. Data Privacy Day began in the United States and Canada in January 2008 as an extension of the Data Protection Day celebration in Europe. The Day commemorates the 1981 signing of Convention 108 – the first legally binding international treaty dealing with privacy and data protection. Data Privacy Day is a celebration for everyone and an effort to empower people to protect their privacy, control their digital footprint and escalate the protection of data privacy as everyone’s priority.
When & Where
The Online Trust Alliance (OTA)
OTA is a non-profit with the mission to enhance online trust, while promoting innovation and the vitality of the internet. Founded in 2006, OTA’s goal is to help educate businesses, policy makers and stakeholders while developing and advancing best practices and tools to enhance the protection of users' security, privacy and identity. OTA supports collaborative public-private partnerships, benchmark reporting, meaningful self-regulation and data stewardship. https://otalliance.org
Keynote Confirmed - Attorney General Bob Ferguson to keynote. Bob is Washington’s 18th Attorney General and will share his views on big data, privacy and identity theft and the role businesses has as data stewards.