Dash for Cash RVA: A Treasure Hunt to Kick-Off "Feed Richmond": Register!
Sunday, November 3, 2013 from 12:30 PM to 4:30 PM (EST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Ravenchase Adventures, Richmond Magazine and 103.7 Play are once again proud to sponsor Dash for Cash RVA 2013: A Treasure Hunt to kickoff "Feed Richmond" and to help support FeedMore, the umbrella organization for the Central Virginia Food Bank, Meals on Wheels and the Community Kitchen!
Contestants will start at the northeast corner of West Main and North Meadow (in the Fan Tastic Thrift parking lot) and then race to solve a series of clues using treasure maps, gadgets and logic!
Cash prizes will be awarded in two divisions to the top three finishers in each. You must choose the division in which you intend to compete; either the Fast First division....flat out speed and solving the clues wins this one.....or Fun First....solving the clues at a more leisurely pace (ninety minutes or more)
Fast First Division
First Prize: $1000.00
Second Prize: $500.00
Third Prize: $ 150.00 plus $250 gift card to Diamonds Direct
Fun First Division
First Prize: $400.00
Second Prize: $250.00
Third Prize: $250 gift card to Diamonds Direct
Teams of up to 6 people are permitted. Entry fee includes admission to the after-party celebration, one drink ticket, and other cool stuff.
Prizes will be awarded at the after party for the most creative team name and the most creatively dressed team!
With Thanksgiving right around the corner, please bring canned goods and other non-perishables to the collection bins on site at check in. Representatives from FeedMore will be in attendance.
Check in begins at 11:30 a.m. Hunt begins promptly at 12:30 p.m.
Don't be shut out...limited spaces available!
All entrants, regardless of age, must be registered in order to participate!
How many people can be on a team?
- Teams of six are the largest size. But teams of two or three have their advantages too.
Do I have to register and pay for all team members at once?
- You don't have to register all team members at one time. But you do need to know your team name when you register! Just check the box for Early Bird/Team and enter your information.
- Each team member can register and pay for him or herself. Just be sure you each use the same team name!
Is there an age limit to enter the hunt?
- There is no age limit to enter Dash for Cash RVA. The game is written for ages teen through 100. Note however there is significant walking and running involved to reach all the clues locations.
- Waivers are required for all participants. Those under 18 years of age are required to have a parent or guardian present to co-sign their waiver. Waivers will be provided on the day of the event.
- Players under 18 years of age are required to have adult supervision during the entire game.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
- email@example.com. Just ask your question and every effort will be made to get back to you as soon as possible!
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Can I update my registration information?
- Once you have registered, any changes to your registration information can be made by email. Just provide the changes and your registration will be updated. Email your changes to firstname.lastname@example.org
When is the registration deadline?
- We will be taking registrations online until Sunday, November 3 at noon. Online registration is strongly encouraged. Only 25 walk-ups will be allowed on game day.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
- As long as you have registered, if you bring your photo ID, you don't need to bring your ticket.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
- There is lots of free on street parking available on Sunday. Pay lots are also available. City Parking Deck at 18 S. Colonial Avenue is less then 2/10ths of a mile from the after party at Social52!
What should I bring to the event?
- This is a race! Travel light! It is also a rain or shine event so please dress for the weather. Wear good walking or running shoes. Sandals, flip-flops or heels will be regretted mid-game. You will be provided with a very cool water bottle and holder and there will be water and power bars along the way.
What is the refund policy?
- We're sorry if you can't make it on race day. Things come up and plans change. Although we can't provide any refunds, it’s fine (and easy!) to transfer your ticket online, so please try to find someone to take your place!
After I sign up, what happens?
- You will receive an email confirmation from Eventbrite. You can print it for your records, but you won’t need it on race day…just a photo ID will be fine. Your email confirmation will contain important event information and game rules. You’ll also get some reminders (please be sure your email address is correct on your registration!) and if you have any questions in the meantime, just send us an email at email@example.com.
Do all the members of my team need to be present at check-in?
- If you have registered as a team, all members of the team need to be present at check-in. And remember that prizes will be awarded to the most creatively dressed team!
Can we bring our kids…even little ones?
- The game is written for teens to adults, though geeky 12 year olds might have fun. Considering the distance covered and the various states of the city sidewalks, strollers may prove to be a hindrance to winning but fun will be had by all.
When is check-in?
- Check in starts at 11:30. If you come early, you’ll have plenty of time to bring your canned goods and non-perishables to the Food Bank bins and stretch with our fitness gurus.
What's the difference between the Fast First and Fun First Divisions?
- Really fast folks who plan to run the course will be finished in about an hour and should plan to register for the Fast First Division. If you plan a more leisurely afternoon, you should plan to register for the Fun First Division. If the course takes you two hours, that’s about average, and if you are really taking your time, the course will stay open for three hours.
Where does the race start?
- The race starts in the parking lot adjacent to Fan Tastic Thrift on the corner of Meadow and Main.
Can I drive during the game?
- No, you can walk, run, jog, lope, trot, skip or gallop, but you have to do it using only your feet…nothing with wheels, treads or hooves may be used.
Is this a closed game course?
- No. The streets and sidewalks are open to all traffic. You must use caution and your best judgment to navigate the course and cross the streets safely. Laws governing of traffic and pedestrians must be followed.
Are there other rules I need to know?
- Yes! You'll get lots more information once you register.
What am I getting myself into...can I see an example of a clue?
Overlooking the valley of Shockoe
Along the street of Clay
Near a synagogue and Sycamore Church
is where this clue starts its play.
Where Jeff Davis kept his family
Protected from the war
Just west one block you'll find
What you are chasing for.
Well-known Matthew Maury
Across the seas he did roam.
Seek the granite block imbedded
in the front wall of his brick home.
Carved upon the rock
three words of his invention.
Remove them in order from this cipher
to discover your next destination.
We'd like to thank our sponsors for their support:
Join us at the after party at Social52
2619 West Main Street, Richmond, Virginia! See you at the party!
Dash for Cash is presented by Congregation Or Atid