WITNESSING HISTORY and The Filson Historical Society
GUIDED BATTLEFIELD TOUR and SEMINAR SERIES
Tour Date: October 11 - 14, 2012:
Tour Guide: Kent Masterson Brown
The two and a half day bus tour will be headquartered in Lexington, Kentucky. On Thursday evening, October 11, there will be a lecture on the Transappalachian Revolutionary War.
On Friday, October 12, we will visit the cave where Daniel Boone spent the winter of 1769-70, Fort Harrod; the sites of Boiling Spring, Crow’s, Clark’s, Logan’s and Paint Lick Stations; Boonesboro and Boone’s Station. On Saturday, October 13, we will visit the sites of Bryan’s Station, the Battle of Blue Licks, and Ruddle’s and McClellan’s Stations. We will also visit the only log cabin that remains standing that Daniel Boone built; it stands on Brushy Fork.
For those who would like to stay, on Sunday morning, October 14, we will travel to Frankfort to visit the gravesite of Daniel and Rebecca Boone overlooking the Kentucky River. That trip is totally optional and attendees will travel by means of their own automobiles.
Lunches on Friday and Saturday will be held at the Boone Tavern, Berea and the Blue Licks Battlefield State Resort Park. The Daniel Boone tour is a joint venture between Witnessing History, LLC and the Filson Historical Society of Louisville, Kentucky.
You may also call or email the Filson to register and pay for this field trip.
Ways to register for this trip
- You can register here (online processing fees apply)
- Call the Filson 502-635-5083 with credit card info (you can pay non refundable $50 deposit to reserve your spot, your balance, $215 due by Sept 15th) or email email@example.com
- Mail check to The Filson Historical Society 1310 South Third st. Louisville, KY 40208 ATTN: Scott Scarboro
- Date is October 11-14, 2012 and space is limited.
- Headquarters will be
Crowne Plaza Lexington Hotel & Resort
1375 South Broadway
Lexington, KY 40502
Be sure to ask for the special room rate of $119.00 per night, which includes a complimentary hot breakfast buffet
- Participants are responsible for their own rooms and meals, except as explicitly set forth herein.
- A 55 seat Coach Bus will be provided for the two-day field tour.
- The cost of the Tour and Seminar is $265.00. It includes mid-morning and mid-afternoon refreshments, lunches at the Boone Tavern in Berea, Kentucky and Blue Licks State Resort Park, bus transportation, maps and reading materials.
When & Where
The Filson Historical Society