April 10, 2013
6 AIA HSW CE Hours
1 GBCI CE Hour for LEED Professionals
08:15 AM Registration
08:30 - 09:30 AM
Continuous Insulation in Commercial Wall Assemblies
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | Course: HP104
AIA Provider: Hunter Panels: K169
Presenter: Grant Stahl and Andy Myers
1. Understand the advancement of the national model energy codes as they relate to the energy
efficiency of the building envelope.
2. Define and understand "Continuous Insulation" and how its use effects energy code compliance,
the current ASHRAE 90.1 Standard, LEED, and the International Energy Conservation Code.
3. Understand the NFPA 285 fire test and its role in code complaint wall assemblies.
4. Discuss the environmental features and benefits of polyiso insulation including thermal
performance, long service life, recycled content, negligible GWP and zero ODP.
09:40 -10:40 AM
Exterior Continuous Insulated Claddings for Energy Efficiency and Architectural Diversity
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | Course: BL0002
1 GBCI CE Hour for LEED Professionals | GBCI Course ID: 0090005704
AIA Provider: Dryvit System, Inc.
Presenter: Bob Dazel, AIA, LEED GA
Deconstruct the "perceived" value of traditional insulation methods and reduced performance within
framed wall assemblies and reconstruct new strategies for developing true "effective" insulation value
and high performance.
Identify and define model energy code and green design standard's requirements for exterior continuous insulation.
Differentiate between "prescriptive" R-value "performance" U-factor wall design paths and recognize
where continuous insulation must be integrated.
Discover the interrelationship between exterior insulated cladding and the use of continuous insulation
to achieve energy efficient, cost effective and aesthetically pleasing design solutions.
10:50 - 11:50 PM
PVC Roofing Materials, Performance, Construction, Functionality – One of a Kind?
1 AIA HSW Hour | AIA Course Number: SDR116
AIA Provider: Carlisle Construction Material
Presenter: Chad Lesher
PVC is one of the most diverse products in the building industry and one of the most misunderstood.
This presentation will help to better understand why PVC is one of the most versatile and modifiable thermoplastics.
With all the different formulations, types, reinforcements and construction, knowledge of this product type will assist the specifier in creating better specifications.
12:00 - 12:30 PM Lunch will be provided
12:30 - 01:30 PM
2012 IECC Energy Code Review & Masonry Compliance Options
1 AIA HSW Hour | AIA Course Number: EMX-1
AIA Provider: Oldcastle
Changes in the Model Energy Codes, notably the 2012 IECC (International Energy Conservation Code),
are creating challenges to masonry wall systems. The presentation reviews exterior envelope R-Value
requirements and masonry wall compliance options.
1. Understand exterior wall R-value requirements.
2. Understand what Continuous Insulation (CI) is & which masonry walls offer CL.
3. Review the benefits of traditional and innovative masonry wall systems.
4. Understand design opportunities of traditional and innovative masonry wall systems
offer in terms of complying with the 2012 IECC.
01:40 - 02:40 PM
1 AIA HSW Hour | AIA Course Number: CCW107
AIA Provider: Carlisle Construction Material
Presenter: Donovan Heminokeky
Provide information to determine what type of waterproofing system to use on various projects, tips for
writing effective waterproofing and related specifications, understanding of the relationship between design, material and installation, pitfalls to avoid.
02:50 - 03:50 PM
Steep Slope Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | Course: IMU07C
AIA Provider: InfoSpec, Inc.
Sponsor: Metals USA
Presenter: Blake Asel
• Define stone coated Metal.
• Depict how stone coated Metal roofing is manufactured.
• Explain the benefits of stone coated metal roofing.
• Demonstrate new and innovative ideas to take into the design process for schools, hospitals
and other commercial applications, and to help you through that process.
• Discuss how specifying stone coated metal roofing systems may contribute towards a project
earning LEED certification.
• Describe how Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems are energy efficient & Energy Star qualified.
• Explain the cost benefits of Stone Coated Metal roofing systems.
When & Where
CE Academy, Inc.
The CE Academy is coming to a city near you!
Are you a design professional or spec writer in need of CE credit hours to maintain your AIA membership or state license? CE Academy, Inc. organizes 4-8 hours of continuing education in a seminar format so you can earn multiple CE hours at one time.
These AIA and/or GBCI registered courses provide education credit. CE Academy will also manage the reporting of your credits to the AIA and email you a certificate of completion for your records after the event.
Available education credits include:
>> AIA HSW CE Hours
>> GBCI CE Hours for LEED® Professionals
>> ADA Hours Accessibility/barrier-free
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a list of accessible education and LEED webinar courses, please visit GreenCE.