MongoDB delivers public in-person training classes around the world by our own instructors and engineers. Classes include lessons with follow-up exercises and hands-on labs to solidify your understanding of MongoDB. We limit our class sizes to a maximum of 12 students per instructor. This ratio optimizes the individual attention students receive while they develop their skills.
Advanced Data Modeling Training
This course is designed for developers, architects, and DBAs who want to enhance their understanding of the MongoDB document model and how to develop a schema that performs well for your application's query patterns. Students should have a basic understanding of the MongoDB document model, query language, replication, and sharding.
Purchase of a training ticket(s) is subject to the following terms and conditions: Training Agreement
For questions or more details contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advanced Data Modeling Agenda
Introduction & Review
- Simple and batch inserts
- Update operators and oplog consequences
- The BSON model and document growth
- Review of replication and shard keys
- Review of compound indexes
- Atomic updates, queues, and findAndModify()
- Single table and multitable inheritance
- Bucketing and Fan on Read/Write
- Denormalization and References
- Document versioning
Students and the instructor then work through several case studies including the following.
Expense report tracking system:
- Embedding data & maintaining array sizes
- Modeling relationships between multiple documents
An application using time-series data:
- Preallocating documents & bucketting
- Handling heavy write loads
Financial trading application:
- Transactions and snapshots
Product catalog & shopping cart application:
- Handling multi-document relationships
- Error handling in applications
Students may also ask questions applicable to their own applications.
When & Where
MongoDB University can help customers build, run and deploy applications on MongoDB through professional training. The training enables organizations to improve developer and end-user experience, reduce time to market, decrease deployment and operational costs and lower business risk.
As part of our offerings, we deliver public in-person training classes taught around the world by our own instructors and engineers. Classes include lessons with follow-up exercises and hands-on labs to solidify your understanding of MongoDB. We limit our class sizes to a maximum of 12 students per instructor. This ratio optimizes the individual attention students receive while they develop their skills. We also offer private on-site training.