CYC's 2013 Culinary Inspirations Event
Wednesday, October 16, 2013 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
This year CYC celebrates our 25th Anniversary and the impact foster youth voice has had in California over the past 25 years. We invite you to join us for CYC's 4th Annual Culinary Inspirations Event. Come and sample and savor cuisines from local chefs and restaurants. In addition, guests will also have the opportunity to indulge in tasting unique wines, beer and spirits from all around California.
Our team of renowned chefs, who have volunteered their time and talent, will be paired with a current or former foster youth to create dishes inspired by this unique collaboration. Our Culinary Inspiration Teams will be on hand to share with guests what inspired their creative collaboration.
In addition to the incredible food and beverages and the opportunity to meet successful young leaders from the foster care system, California Youth Connection will be presenting the “Inspiration” award to two individuals that have inspired great change in the state of California. In addition, CYC will be presenting a CYC Legend award to an individual that helped lay the foundation for youth voice 25 years ago.
There will be a silent auction as well as a raffle at the event.
(List as of 9/27/2013- More to Come!)
Chefs/Restaurant Sponsors Include:
* Chef Sarah Germany, Taste and Texture
* Chef Sudhir Popat
* Chef Adam Hinojosa, Noir Lounge
* Chef Arlene Hylton, Jamaica West
* Chef Akiko Hisa, 151A
* Chef Som Saengsourith, Tendergreens
* Chef Kevin Tucker, Chef Kevin's Gourmet Catering
* Chef Francisco Javier Martinez
* Chef Jerrell KeyAuthor, Rebecca Jean Catering
* Chef Cindy Gershen, Sunrise Catering
* Chef Jacki Rosen
* Chef Mike Jones, Smokin' Teachers BBQ
* Chef Taryn Smith
* Chef Erick Balvaqz, Musical Offering Cafe
* Chef Cameron Major, CJ Place
Beverage Sponsors Include:
* St. George Spirits
* Bombay Sapphire
* Savile Rum Punch
* Jazz Cellars
* Entwine (Wente Wines/Food Network)
* Joseph Carr Wines
* Be Wines
* Sledgehammer Wines
* 21st Amendment
* Lagunitas Brewery
* Peak Organic Brewery
* Widmer Brothers (Portland, Ore)
* Omission Brewing Co. (Portland, Ore)
* Pyramid Brewery
* Nestle Water/Perrier Water
Silent Auction and Raffle Items Include:
* Little Star Gift Certificate
* Bi-Rite Gift Certificates
* Farm Fresh to You Vouchers
* Francis Ford Coppola Wines
* Imagery Winery Tour and Tasting
For the Adventureous
* Zoo Passes
* Sea of Love Sailing Adventures for 3 people!
* Half Moon Bay Kayaking
* City Lights Publishers Book Collection
* Membership to the Commonwealth Club
* Opera Passes
* Beach Blanket Babylon
* Gold Star Gift Certificate
* Oliver Peoples Sunglasses
* Sports collectibles!
* Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf Gift Baskets
* Indosole Shoes
* One Week Stay in Coronado
* AirBnB Gift Certificate
THERE IS SO MUCH MORE!!!
Sponsorship Opportunities Available!!
To avoid processing fees you can purchase tickets or sponsor the event by calling Angela or Jacque at 415-442-5060.
When & Where
California Youth Connection
Since 1998, California Youth Connection (CYC) has served youth aging out of the foster care system.
CYC is a youth driven organization made up of current and former foster youth whom are empowered to advocate for changes in the foster care system. They do this by educating the community about best practices and issues about the child welfare system, advocating for changes in their community and in the state, training social workers and other stakeholders about best practices, and empowering one another to become leaders.
All proceeds from the event will benefit California Youth Connection (CYC).To read about our legislative accomplishments please visit our website.If you can't attend, but would like to donate to our efforts, please click here.