Cyber Security Briefing on Privileged Identity Management — For Ohio Colleges and Universities
Wednesday, December 12, 2012 from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM (EST)
What is Privileged Identity Management? It is an information security tool that can help you prevent internal data breaches made possible by unsecured privileged accounts.
Privileged accounts include:
· Generic/Shared Administrative Accounts – the non-personal accounts that exist in virtually every device or software application. These accounts have “superuser” privileges and are often shared among IT staff. Some examples are: Windows Administrator user, UNIX root user, and MS SQL SA account.
· Application Accounts – the accounts used by applications to access databases and other applications. These accounts typically have broad access to underlying business information in databases.
Our Ohio colleges and universities strive to maintain IT service levels in the face of extraordinary budget constraints.
Doing more with less means:
· Securing the infrastructure from both external attacks and insider threats
· Keeping up with changes in personnel
· Complying with security mandates such as HIPAA, PCI DSS, SOX
Student workers and staff rotate in and out on a regular basis, so maintaining control over administrative credentials is more important than ever. No one wants to be in the headlines for the wrong reason: student and alumni records are rich targets for identity thieves. Since breaches are becoming more and more common, there are steps you need to take to protect your infrastructure and your reputation.
Join our informative, 40-minute webinar to find out:
· How unsecured privileged accounts can lead to potential security holes in servers, network appliances, web services, line-of-business applications, and other critical IT assets;
· The unintended ways that access to sensitive data can spread within an organization over time;
· Steps that real-world government organizations have taken to quickly gain (and prove) continuous control over privileged identities - including identifying at-risk IT assets, strengthening privileged password security, and controlling and monitoring access to private data.
Ensure that your information security requirements, including the necessary privileged account security controls, get implemented quickly and comprehensively. Attend our webinar to learn how we can help you mitigate security risks associated with leaving your "Keys to the Kingdom" unmanaged.
The company released its first commercial product in 1994, but traces its roots back to 1978 when it was founded as a software consultancy. Since its inception, Lieberman Software has been a profitable, management owned firm. It has consistently provided unique solutions that fill the niche of managing local and domain security. For years, Lieberman Software products have been the choice of organizations concerned with locating and remediating problems occurring within the IT infrastructure, where rapid and comprehensive response is crucial.
Lieberman Software pioneered the privileged account password management space by releasing the first product to this market in 2001. Since then, the company has regularly updated and expanded its privileged password solution set while growing its customer base in this vibrant and emerging market.
Lieberman Software is a managed Microsoft Gold Certified Partner and Oracle Gold Partner. The company also works with ArcSight, BMC, Cisco, Dell, Hewlett-Packard, IBM, Intel, Novell, Red Hat, and Thales in varying capacities. The company is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and maintains an office in Austin, TX. All product development, testing, and support operations are based in the United States.