Cyber Liability & Health Care Reform Savings for Small Technology Companies
Thursday, August 1, 2013 from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM (MDT)
This Thursday: August 1, 2013 Colorado Technology Association Headquarters. The most important time spent as a business owner this year!
This seminar is specifically geared towards Colorado based Small Technology businesses with under 50 full time employees: Who should attend? The Business Owner/President, CFO/Controller, Business Manager, HR Manager of the company.
We will be serving snacks and beverages for our late afternoon presentation.
Health Care Reform - Patient Protection Affordable Care Act (PPACA), Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- The Individual Coverage Mandate.
- The Colorado Health Care Exchange. Who qualifies? How do the exchanges affect your current coverage and private group health coverage?
- What are the new plan options?
- Which companies will participate in CO inside and outside of the exchange
- What are the Subsidies, Taxes, and Penalties imposed by PPACA and how they will impact your group?
- Tax Credits up to 50%, available for small some businesses/employers who qualify
- How Health Care Reform legislation impacts HSA, HRA, FSA and Section 125
- Solutions for healthy groups - How you can save thousands of dollars and some of the taxes imposed by PPACA
- Will a group of founders/officers save on their insurance premiums and taxes by starting a group plan vs their current solo healthcare coverage?
- Why it's crucial that you plan now and be ready for "open enrollment" in the fall
- Are you "Audit Ready?"-Do you have a Summary Plan Description in place? How do you stay in compliance with the new laws and avoid legal issues?
Cyber Liability Coverage
- Who Needs Cyber Liability Coverage?
- What is Your Liability in a breach?
- What are your costs in the event of a breach? Third party notification, legal fees, forensics and PR/reputation management
- Additional liabilities when a breach occurs- Defamation, invasion of privacy, errors and omissions in content, copyright/trademark infringement, introduction of malicious code and blackmail/extortion
- What about negligence? We'll discuss the internal liability threat
- HIPPA requirements, HITECH Act and its most recent ruling. State and federal privacy protection laws, etc. Discussion about "business associates" and HIPPA/HITECH
- Coverage for first party data asset protection and third party liability
- How general liability, property, Directors and Officers and Errors and Omissions coverage specifically exclude Cyber related perils.
- Examples of recent large breachs and fines on some HIPPA violators around $1.5 million
- Breach cost calculator
- Coverage solutions to handle the costs of a breach
We will provide handouts including a checklist for small companies preparing for healthcare reform, tax chart and a list of resources for protecting your business from a breach and if a breach happens.
Caroline Johnson is with Warner Pacific, a managing general agency that works with Denver Tech Insurance. She is an expert in Health Care Reform and will provide an unbiased view of Health Care Reform and your options. Warner Pacific personnel are busy this summer educating several chambers of commerce and business associations about your options and compliance
Natalya Korobkova is a CPA with Colorado Business CPA ColoradoBusinessCPA.com Natalya specializes in helping growing companies maximize tax deductions, help with quickbooks and is a sought out guest speaker on a variety of tax topics at seminars for small business in Denver
Stacey Gilbert is with Denver Tech Insurance and has over 15 years of experience in Business Coverage that includes management of a Fortune 200 account as a broker along with major/national accounts and brokerage management for two insurance companies. Stacey specializes in employee benefits, workers compensation, cyber liability and technology E&O and key person coverage for small technology companies.
This is a non-biased, pitch-free informative seminar Health Care Reform and Cyber Liability Coverage's.
If you are an advisor to small technology companies, please forward this information to your client.