Cutting and Other Forms of Self-Injury: Why Kids Hurt Themselves and How You Can Help
- Participants will learn how to recognize self-injury
- Participants will understand the link between self-injury and overwhelming emotions
- Participants will learn how to talk to children and families about self-injury
- Participants will discuss the role of school personnel in helping children and teens who self-injure.
- Participants will learn where children and families can receive help for self-injury
Trainers: Shirley de Peña, LCSW & Mary Dino, LCSW
Audience: Guidance Counselors, Social Workers, Special Education Liaisons, Psychologists, Assistant Principals, Family Workers, Deans, Parent Coordinators, Network Youth Development and Family Engagement Point Persons
CEI-PEA Schools and Networks are invited. A light breakfast will be provided.
When & Where
Deputy Network Leader
Director Student Services
CEI-PEA Children First Network 534
NYC Department of Education
1230 Zerega Ave, Suite 43
Bronx, New York 10462