Monday, July 28, 2014 at 9:00 AM - Friday, August 1, 2014 at 2:00 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Experience the science behind the cutting-edge breakthroughs in engineering. Through structural design, circuit construction, and experiments with electromagnetism, in this week-long workshop, students learn how scientists and engineers at the Lab are working together to solve some of our world's most important problems.
- Improving imaging technology using charged coupled devices
- Building particle detectors
- Designing linear accelerators
- Exploring the strength of various structures
- Detecting invisible parts of the electromagnetic spectrum
Participants must be entering Grades 7, 8, or 9
Dates: July 28 - August 1, 2014, 9 am - 2 pm
When & Where
Portal to Discovery
This course is presented by the Portal to Discovery. The Portal to Discovery is a partnership between Brookhaven National Lab (BNL) and LIMSAT.