Customer Acquisition for Startups
Tuesday, November 20th from 7:00 - 8:30pm
Julie Zhou, Growthmaster, Hipmunk
So you've built a great product, now what? Your startup will succeed or fail depending on how many customers you can bring in. However, customer acquisition can be a very expensive process, and startups rarely have the funds to compete against established players in the paid acquisition game.
There are dozens of customer acquisition tactics out there, from paid advertising to social media to growth hacking. You will walk away from this workshop with a customer acquisition strategy for your product that is in the leanest manner possible. Tactics covered will include:
1. Define your product. Learn two important questions to ask yourself before starting on your product.
2. The viral factor. Not all products are created equally viral; learn where your product stands.
3. The power of experimentation. Most paid acquisition channels are dominated by the large players, but there is still plenty that you can do at minimal or no cost.
4. The power of being a startup. Being a startup means that you can do things that bigger companies would not dare consider. Learn examples of some crazy acquisition ideas that cost almost nothing and paid off tremendously.
5. Use big megaphones. As a startup, you have a lot to offer to bigger companies. Learn how to use them to shout about your product.
Level & Prerequisites: None. All are welcome.
Julie Zhou has managed user acquisition for very small and very big companies. She is currently the Growthmaster at Hipmunk, a travel site taking the agony out of hotel and flight search that Forbes named as The World's Best Travel Site and one of the 50 Best iPhone Apps of 2012 by Time Inc. Before Hipmunk, Julie worked at Google, marketing products like AdWords, Google Maps and Android. In her free time, she enjoys rock climbing, CrossFit and finding her next exotic travel destination.
Can't make it? Sign up at http://generalassemb.ly/la to stay in the loop on future events and classes.
Our Refund Policy: Plans change? We get it. But if you can't make it to a class/workshop, please email us at email@example.com at least 7 days before the scheduled event date. No refunds will be given after this timeframe.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.