San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join Columbia University Chief Digital Officer Sree Sreenivasan; MedPage Today editorial director Ivan Oransky, MD; former surgeon and blogger Skeptical Scalpel; and other experts from across Columbia and beyond for a half-day of instructions and discussions about how academic medical center physicians can leverage social media to build and manage reputations, grow clinical practices, and recruit research subjects.
Topics to be covered include:
- The basics of social media that everyone needs to know
- How is social media used at CUMC and how you can get involved
- Practicing safe text: how to be active on social media without running into HIPAA or other rules
- Reputation management: dealing with Yelp, ZocDoc and other online review sites
- How social media changes the scientific publication landscape
Here is a partial line-up of our speakers:
- Columbia University Chief Digital Officer Sree Sreenivasan;
- MedPage Today editorial director Ivan Oransky, MD;
- Former surgeon and blogger Skeptical Scalpel;
- Oncologist and Columbia University Medical Center professor Azra Raza, MD, whose blog 3QuarksDaily has built a loyal following since its launch nearly a decade ago;
- Tamar Schiller, DDS, MBA, of the College of Dental Medicine on unleashing social media to build your practice
- Gina Czark, director of social media, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Michele Hoos, digital strategist, CUMC Office of Communications
For questions, please contact Doug Levy, Chief Communications Officer, at 212-342-2947 or email@example.com.
Tickets are $100 for members of the general public and free to full-time CUMC or NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia faculty, staff or trainees.
If your ticket category is "sold out," please enter your information for the waiting list. We will do everything possible to accomodate everyone. Thank you.
When & Where
One of our speakers, Ivan Oransky, MD, has been named global editorial director for Medpage Today, a news source for health care professionals. Previously, Dr. Oransky was executive editori of Reuters Health. Read more.