Culture: More Than Your Nationality
Tuesday, December 11, 2012 from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM (CST)
Many of us think of ourselves as “American” or “Brazilian” or “Malaysian” or even "Irish-American", but those cultures are just a piece of the puzzle. The reality is that every one of us is a complex combination of many different cultures and subcultures, and these cultures influence much of what we do and the decisions we make, both personally and professionally.
Join one of our LCW thought leaders as we navigate the complex concept of culture:
- Identify and define the cultures you belong to.
- Identify some of the factors and layers existing within each culture.
- Better understand yourself, your friends, team members and colleagues.
Here are some fun questions to ask yourself:
- What 3 cultural groups are most influential in how I see the world?
- What forces mold and reinforce the cultures I belong to?
- Are there cultures I belong to but don’t think or know about?
Did you answer “I'm not sure" to any of these? Get registered for this FREE mini-workshop. Visit the LCW website to learn more about Navigating Cultures™.
Highly interactive workshop in LCW's virtual classroom
1 hour workshop, 30 minutes of Q&A with LCW thought leaders
Join the conversation, follow us:
Language & Culture Worldwide
About LCW Mini-Workshops
The LCW mini-workshops provide an opportunity for participants to:
- Sample LCW's signature training solutions that cover topics ranging from Navigating Cultures™, Leading a Culturally Competent Global Ethics Program, Virtual Performance Management™, and Engaging LGBT Employees™, to Global Leadership and more.
- Learn more about language, culture, and how it impacts us at work.
Language & Culture Worldwide was founded in 2000 by Monica Francois Marcel and Randall Stieghorst. As returned Peace Corps Volunteers, they understand both personally and professionally what it takes to connect, succeed and build relationships across cultures. Our mission is to provide training, consulting and translation services that inspire professionals to connect across cultures.
Learn More About LCW