San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Just Care Family Network presents
“Culturally Driven Leadership in the 21st Century”
an exciting 2 day CLC training event!
opening with a cultural ritual
Location - Fogelman College of Business and Economics
(3675 Central Ave. Room FCB 118 )
Thursday, May 15, 2014
Join us for the opening session
for our families, staff, and partners
Facilitated by Tasha Chusac
CLC Coordinator, Early Connections Network SOC
Friday, May 16, 2014
Dr. Pat Matthews-Juarez
- Getting to CLC: Making the ROI case in Shelby County
- Providing culturally competent services
- Families and CLC: You’ll Know It When You See It
*Light breakfast and lunch served daily*
When & Where
Just Care Family Network
A department of Shelby County’s Division of Community Services, Just Care Family Network is a federally funded grant program through the Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration, administered by the Tennessee Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services.
Our mission: To change the Memphis system of care to make life easier and less frustrating for the families we serve. We partner with youth and families to link them to services.
Through this mission, JCFN seeks to achieve the following goals:
- Decrease the incidence and length of stay of children with emotional, behavioral, or mental health needs in placements outside the home.
- Increase access to a broad array of services incorporated in an individualized service plan for each child/youth.
- Improve the functioning of children with serious emotional disturbances clinically, academically, and behaviorally.
- Decrease parent stress
- Institutionalize an infrastructure of family-driven and culturally competent services.