CSM with Enterprise Scrum - NEW AND IMPROVED
Executive Summary - best CSM in the industry: Fun, Interactive, hands-on, taught by top expert
This two-day highly interactive special Certified ScrumMaster class not only teaches in-depth Scrum framework fundamentals but introduces the students to User Stories, Release Planning, bug management, Q/A patterns, Product Owner interactions and Enteprise Scrum -- the practice of Scrum with scaling, distribution, more business focus and for other domains. The class includes many exercises and games that will allow the students to not only learn and know the Scrum practices and patterns, but to actually practice them hand-on and get a feel for the attitudes and values while Mike coaches the students in doing so.
All of the levels including the personal -- what a single team member does, the tactical -- the day-to-day Sprint activities, the strategic -- how the overall project lines up with the specific line of business, and the enterprise level -- how multiple projects are managed in an enterprise, are discussed in detail.
Participants gain practical experience working with Scrum practices, patterns and artifacts such as the Product Backlog, Release Planning Meeting, Sprint Planning Meeting, Sprint Backlog, Daily Scrums, Sprint Review Meeting, Retrospective, Refinement and Burndown Charts. Participants leave knowing how to apply Scrum to all sizes of projects, from a single collocated team to a large, highly distributed team.
Following successful completion of the course, you will be qualified and ready to pass the new Scrum Alliance certification test. This multiple-choice, online test is required to become a Certified ScrumMaster, which includes a one-year membership in the Scrum Alliance, where additional ScrumMaster-only material and information are available. For more information on the certification exam, see this page about the CSM exam.
The class starts at 9 am and finishes at 5 pm both days.
Course Instructor - Mike Beedle
Mike Beedle has been practicing Scrum since 1996 - 2nd only to Jeff Sutherland, the inventor of Scrum and has practiced Scrum in a variety of business processes and environments. Mike and his companies have introduced Scrum to tens of thousands of people and thousands of companies, providing training, consulting, mentoring, coaching and hands-on consultants, developers and Scrum Masters to the industry. Mike teaches his CSM courses with an emphasis on Enterprise Scrum. Mike Beedle is the:
- author of the soon-to-be-published book: Enterprise Scrum: Agile Management for the 21st Century 2015,
- co-author of the first Scrum book: Agile Software Development with Scrum, 2001
- co-author of the Agile Manifesto, February 11, 2001
- co-author of the upcoming Scrum Pattern Language book.
- co-author of the first published Scrum paper published in a book in 1996.
He is also a participant of very many Agile and Scrum conferences world-wide every year typically in the form or workshop organizer or keynote speaker.
Mike Beedle teaches, mentors and coaches Scrum practitioners and teams typically in enterprise environments, where there might be several teams working in a project at once. His customers range from commercial software companies, through investment companies, such as banks, insurance companies and hedge funds, all the way through large government organizations like the US Department of Defense.
You Will Learn
- Practical, project-proven Scrum practices and patterns
- How to get your first Scrum project started
- How to write user stories or Product Backlog Items for the Product Backlog
- How to do Project budgets, schedules and risk management for Scrum Projects
- How to nurture and manage a self-organizing team
- How to help both new and experienced teams be more successful
- How to successfully scale Scrum to large, multi-continent projects with team sizes in the hundreds
- A taste of 180 patterns for all aspects of Scrum that the instructor has gethered with some of the best Scrum practitioners from around the world
Combine This Class with Other Training
This class will prepare you for an Enterprise Scrum class also presented by the instructor.
What You Get
- PAID fees for the CSM exam -- included in your registration fee.
- High quality training from an industry expert
- Recognition by the Scrum Alliance as a Certified ScrumMaster after passing a short certification exam
- Lunch, snacks, and continuously replenished drinks
- Downlaodable PDFs of the course materials, relevant articles by Mike Beedle and others, and sample chapters from Mike's books, and other information
- A two-year membership in the Scrum Alliance, a $50 value
- A printed and bound copy of the course materials
Onsite Customized Certified ScrumMaster Courses
Don’t see a date and location you like? Want to train a team or department without the hassle of travel? This course is available for onsite delivery. Contact Mike Beedle at 1-847-840-9890 or by e-mail at mike.beedle AT enterprisescrum.com
You can find additional information at our website http://www.enteprisescrum.com
Refund and Transfer Policy
A full refund will be provided if you cancel or transfer your registration to a different event no later than five business days prior to the start of the class. If you cancel or transfer within five business days you will be charged $150 per class.
Professional Development Units
PMPs: You can receive 15 PDUs for this course.
When & Where
Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown
40 E Grand Ave
Enterprise Scrum - Mike Beedle
Enterprise Srum is a management consulting, coaching, mentoring and education company.