CS4HS @RIT -2012
Monday, July 9, 2012 at 8:00 AM - Wednesday, July 11, 2012 at 4:00 PM (EDT)
The Third CS4HS@RIT event will be hosted at Rochester Institute of Technology from July 9th- July 11th, 2012.
(We have listened to your feedback from last year and have more hands-on sessions)
Are you a high school teacher looking for fun and creative ways to engage students towards computing? Do you want to keep abreast of developments and opportunities in Computer Science? Do you want to keep up with and provide guidance to computer-savvy high school students? If so, CS4HS workshop is the right place for you. In this 3-day workshop, you will have the opportunity to
- Explore the real world computing applications
- Learn creative and interactive ways of teaching computing
- Catch sight of tools and resources that help in building new course modules
- Understand the fine threads linking mathematical and computational thinking
- Ideas to broaden the participation of students in computing
- Engage in discussions with your professionals/scientists/ peers/colleagues during panel discussions
The CS4HS workshop is free for all participants. However, we ask teachers to register who are serious about attending the workshop. Breakfast, lunch, coffee and snacks will be provided for all three days.
For more information about the event, visit http://cs4hs.ce.rit.edu