San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
CryptoParty – Meriden, CT - 12/15/2012 - 10AM to 5PM
A cryptoparty is a commercially non-aligned (Vendor agnostic) event where people learn about basic cryptography, applications, and methods for securing their communications and data. This event is free and open to the public
CryptoPartyCT will be completely unstructured in a un-conference format. At the start all participants will gather and create a central agenda of sessions where everyone will have an opportunity to put a session on the agenda.
Sessions will range from formal to informal:
- From the well thought out pre-prepared talk reflecting years of research and practice to the spur of the moment ‘new idea’ that would be fun to talk about.
- From the demonstration of a working tool to the whiteboarding of something completely new.
- Formal presentation:
- A prepared presentation you’d like to give
- Group discussion:
- Have a topic or question on cryptography you’d like to talk about? Start a group session.
- Show and tell:
- Have a cool demo or technique you’d like to show off? Start a show and tell session
- Learn how to do it:
- A session geared toward providing instruction on how to do something, such as setup LVM for whole disk encryption
Learn more at http://www.nesit.org