Crowdsourcing CEO & Expert Panel: From Phenomenon to Business Model (PARC Forum)
Thursday, November 10, 2011 from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM (PST)
Palo Alto, CA
Crowdsourcing is changing both the way we work, as well as the way Internet applications are designed and delivered. It's no longer just the domain of technologists (who can now achieve breakthroughs together never before achievable); crowdsourcing is ripe for enterprise professionals to understand and leverage the possibilities for their business goals. Crowdsourcing has moved to a $5B "crowd worker" industry with applications proliferating for productivity, research, marketing, advertising, creative development, corporate workflow management, language translations, and much more...
Co-sponsored by the Bay Area Executive Development Network and organized/ moderated by Ray Solnik, President of Appnomic Systems' U.S. Operations, the panel features:
- Peter Burrows -- reporter for Bloomberg Businessweek, business tech journalist who can comment on how the media industry is being affected by crowdsourcing
- Sharon Chiarella -- Vice President at Amazon and Head of Amazon Mechanical Turk, one of the largest online marketplaces for work that provides programmatic access to a global crowdsourcing community
- Leila Janah -- CEO and founder of Samasource, an award-winning social business that connects people living in poverty to microwork
- Robert Laing -- CEO and co-founder of myGengo, a Japan-based startup that offers human translation services by leveraging translators around the world
- Ashwin Ram -- PARC Research Fellow and manager of PARC's socio-cognitive computing research
4:45 -5:00 check-in
5:10-6:30 panel discussion
When & Where
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and IP to global Fortune 500 companies, startups, and government agency partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients.