San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Presented by Philip M. Shasteen, Bronstein, Carlson, Gleim, Shasteen & Smith, P.A.
David Chitester, CEO, Florida Funders
This seminar will explore a variety of topics:
About Philip M. Shasteen
- Has been a business lawyer for over 35 years.
- He is a partner in Bronstein, Carlson, Gleim, Shasteen and Smith, a St. Petersburg based boutique business law firm that handles business, tax, securities, and health law matters.
- His concentration is securities law and business acquisitions and dispositions.
- During the ‘80s, he co-founded a company that he took public and then sold.
- Was general counsel to and on the board of directors Dixon Ticonderoga Company (an international manufacturer of writing instruments) for over 20 years. During that time, he chaired their audit and compensation committees and a committee formed to negotiate the sale of the company to an Italian company.
- He has also served on the boards of other public and private companies.
- Assisted clients with the structure of several mortgage and venture capital fund offerings.
- Although he is a full time lawyer, he makes his own early stage investments.
- In the last twelve months, he has made three early stage investments.
- Is currently advising a Tampa-based biomed company that is taking advantage of the new SEC rules and using advertising to sell a private placement offering of its stock.
About David D. Chitester
David Chitester is CEO of Florida Funders, an Internet portal that connects Florida startups with capital. He has been starting companies from scratch and building them into profitable enterprises in Tampa for nearly 25 years. He sold his first company, Chitester Management Systems, to Hill International, a public construction management firm headquartered in Marlton, New Jersey. David sold his second company, RedVector.com, to a group led by the Tampa venture capital firm, Stonehenge. Throughout the years, his companies have won numerous awards including the Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce Small Business of the Year and the100 Fastest Growing Companies in Florida given by the University of Florida Warrington College of Business Administration. Also, Pay Per Visit Email, an email service provider, was one of five finalists for Econsultancy's Innovations in Email Marketing Award given in London in February, 2012. His latest venture, Florida Funders, links investors to entrepreneurs seeking capital. With a goal of keeping our startup talent in the state, Florida Funders aims to provide seed capital to promising entrepreneurs to help them succeed.
When & Where
USF CONNECT events are presented by experienced executives and are focused towards the business aspects of technology firms. We host monthly seminars on various topics of interest for start-up companies; visit our calendar for a complete listing of USF CONNECT and partner events.