Crowdfunding for Media: The State of the Art (Webcast)
Wednesday, June 12, 2013 from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Raise money for your next creative project or invest in the future.
It's all over the news -- platforms like Kickstarter and IndieGoGo are making it possible to raise money through reward/donation crowdfunding. With so many developments in this new investment system, it's hard to keep up and understand how to get involved.
In this webcast, David Marlett, executive director of the National Crowdfunding Association, will use examples from the audience to explain how just about any project can be successfully crowdfunded. David will also outline how upcoming legal changes will allow for equity crowdfunding and Reg D/accredited investor crowdfunding.
You'll learn how to:
- Choose the right platform and reach out to investors for your potential project
- Raise the right amount of money and provide appropriate investor rewards
- Identify entrepreneurs whose businesses might make good investments
- Understand upcoming legal changes that will affect crowdfunding
How this works:
- You'll participate in a live video discussion with an expert speaker who will provide insights, case studies, and real-world examples of strategies that have worked
- You'll have the chance to ask questions and get advice from the speaker in real time
- You'll receive a copy of the speaker's presentation slides and access to a recording of the presentation
Mediabistro is the leading provider of jobs, news, education, events, and research for the media industry. Our mission is to help media professionals succeed and grow in their careers as we provide them with opportunities to acquire new positions, knowledge, skills, and connections.