Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Critical Success Factors for Building an Effective Business
Lessons for Entrepreneurs, Managers and Investors from a Dozen Successful Startups...
April 11, 2012 6PM - 8PM Paradise Grille, Del Mar CA (2690 Via de la Valle just east of I-5)
Howard Lindzon and moderator, Ken Cohen will collaborate to present and discuss the many lessons learned by Howard 's successful management and investing career. Then they will jointly discuss how these lessons apply to managing a startup in different industries from inception to IPO to another exit event.
Besides a great networking opportunity at a special venue, you'll leave this event with new insights, rules of thumb and proven success examples that will improve your management, investment or entrepreneurial capabilities and success level.
** Before the main event, join us for hors d'oevres (on us) and a drink and a little networking as well as after presentation and discussion where you will have a chance to meet the speakers and mix with a great group of attendees.
· Howard Lindzon is co-founder and CEO of StockTwits®, – a social network for traders and investors to share real-time ideas and information. StockTwits was recently named “one of the top 10 most innovative companies in web” by FastCompany and one of the “50 best websites” by Time magazine.
· Mr. Lindzon has more than twenty years experience in the financial community acting in both an entrepreneurial and investing capacity. With a unique vision for starting and successfully managing innovative companies, he is the Managing Partner of Social Leverage, a holding company that invests in early stage web businesses. Howard continues to manage a hedge fund he started in 1998.
· He created Wallstrip, and more than 400 original web video shows, which was purchased by CBS Corp. in 2007. He is an active angel with many success angel investments including: Rent.com, (purchased by Ebay in 2005 for $415 million), Golfnow.com (purchased by Comcast in June 2008), and Lifelock (lead investors include Bessemer Venture Partners and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers). Mr. Lindzon's new media and internet business investments also include: Limos.com, Blogtalkradio.com, Buddy Media, Ticketfly, Assistly, Bit.ly and Tweetdeck.
· Mr. Lindzon received an MBA at Arizona State University and an MIM from The American Graduate School of International Management.
Kenneth M. Cohen is an independent advisor to entrepreneurs, companies and investors, primarily in Life Sciences. He currently serves as Chairman of the Board of Pier Pharmaceuticals, a specialty pharmaceutical development venture. Previous positions include:
• Co-founder, President and CEO of Somaxon Pharmaceuticals, a Nasdaq listed specialty pharmaceutical company developing products for the treatment of neuropsychiatric disorders. While at Somaxon, Ken led the company in raising Approximately $150 million via multiple rounds of venture financing and an IPO.
• President and CEO of Synbiotics Corporation, a diagnostics company, and was Executive Vice President and COO for Canji, a gene-therapy company, until its acquisition by Schering-Plough in 1996.
• Vice President of Business Affairs at Argus Pharmaceuticals
• VP of Marketing & Business Development for LifeCell Corporation.
• Numerous positions during 10 years at Eli Lilly, including Director of Business Planning for Medical Instrument Systems, which became Guidant, and he managed the launch of Prozac®.
• Ken received his A.B. degree from Dartmouth College and an M.B.A. from the Wharton School. In 1999, in recognition of his contributions to French-American business, the President of France named Ken a Chevalier of the National Order of Merit.
Questions: Call 858 705-1482
Activities, Access, Opportunities and Ideas for CBS Alumni and thier Guests/Friends in the San Diego area.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.