San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) Training
Facilitated by: Mike Summers; Disability Response
POST Certified by Calaveras County Sheriff's Department
24-Hour Course is P.O.S.T. Plan IV, now certified by S.T.C. for Probation and Corrections
Overview of mental illness and recognizing acute psychotic episodes
- Crisis and suicide intervention techniques
- Officer safety tactics and field contacts, writing better 5150 holds
- Guidelines for use of force and current case law
- "Suicide by Cop"
- Excited delirium
- Dynamics of homelessness
- Returning Veterans presentation - from Combat to Community
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Officer Wellness
- Elder Suicide
- Community Resources
Learn from experienced law enforcement trainers, combat veterans, NAMI, mental health consumers, family members, Commission on Aging, and mental health professionals through lecture, role play and demonstrations .
Tehama County Health Services Agency (TCHSA)
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Contact Christine Walrath for questions or assistance.
530.527.8491 ext. 3052