Creekbend Vineyard (2010)
Saturday, September 4, 2010 from 8:30 AM to 12:00 PM (EDT)
Save $2 with the Mag 7 Online Voucher
(Online Discount Code can be found at Mag7RaceSeries.com)
Vines, Pines & Inclines
Saturday, September 4, 2010
Location: The Oliver Winery Creekbend Vineyard, north of the intersection of Woodall Rd. & Delap Rd.
- 7:00 a.m. - Registration Begins
- 8:30 a.m. - Trail Run
- 9:45 a.m. - timing for the trail run ends
- 10:00 a.m. - Vineyard Walk
- 10:45 a.m. - Runway Fun Run
- 11:00 a.m. - Awards & Prizes
- Trail Run is approximately 4.3 miles. It starts in the vineyard, runs into the surrounding wooded area and ends back in the vineyard. There is one steep hill, 1/10th of a mile in length at approximately 3 miles into the course. The trail is wide enough for multiple side-by-side runners. There are narrow water hazards and mud will be present if rains occur within 3 days of the event. 90% of the surface is grass.
- The Vineyard Walk will go around the main portion of the vineyard. The participants will not enter into any of the wooded areas. The surface is 100% mown grass.
- The Runway Fun Run will begin and end near the start of the grass-strip airport runway, which is located on the grounds of the vineyard. The participants will run from one end of the runway to the other and back. Approximately 3/4 of a mile.
- Medical staff will be on-site.
- Water will be available on the Trail Run at 1.5 and 3 miles into the course.
- You may enter online (here) or by mail. Entry by mail fees must be mailed by August 25, 2010. Entry fees, by mail, are: $25 for Trail Run, $15 for Vineyard Walk, $5 for Fun Run.
- Entry forms may be found at www.mag7raceseries.com or at the Oliver Winery Tasting Room facility located on US 37 North of Bloomington.
- All proceeds from this event will go to support the Bloomington Blades Youth Hockey Team.
Temperatures & Rainfall:
- The average high for this date is 78 degrees, the average low is 56 degrees.
- Average rain fall for Aug/Sept in this region is 3.3 inches.