New York Council of Nonprofits – Fundraising Breakfast Roundtables
A Three Part Series of Interactive Discussions on Building Your Major Donor Platform For Mid-Hudson Valley Nonprofits
NYCON is pleased to bring a series of three exciting, interactive discussions on fundraising to Mid-Hudson Valley nonprofits this spring. NYCON staff expert Audrey Grifel, with 25+ years of practical experience working with nonprofits on fundraising and donor management, will be facilitating these exciting discussions with our special guest speaker, philanthropist Nick Preddice. Mr. Preddice will give you a rare glimpse into the world of a major donor – sharing his expertise and advice on:
- How to attract the right board members – and ask the right questions when fundraising
- How to communicate a message that resonates with major donors
- How to understand the behavioral thinking that underlies the decision to give
- The ten most important keys to building a strong major donor base – including how to build planned giving into your fundraising
Part III: May 22nd, 2014 8:00am to 9:30am
Creating A “Planned Giving Culture” at Your Nonprofit
In this last segment we will talk about why planned giving should be discussed with all of your donors (and other supporters), not just for those who have (or appear to have) major assets or those who are in their elder years. The series will conclude with the “ten most important keys to building a strong major donor base” for Board members and Fund Development Professionals.
- Takeaways: ten keys to building a strong major donor base
When & Where
New York Council of Nonprofits, Inc. (NYCON)
Founded in 1927, NYCON is a 501(C)(3) membership-based, mission-driven, statewide association of diverse charitable nonprofit organizations. With over 2,800 members, we work to build the capacity of nonprofits and communities to enhance the quality of life through responsive, cost-effective service. Our mission-based activities are enhanced by two subsidiary corporations: Innovative Charitable Initiatives, Inc., and Council Services Plus.