Join Crain's New York Business for a trade show featuring New York businesses in the food and beverage industry. Crain's Made in New York event is a one of a kind event which connects the food and beverage community of New York with retailers and buyers. This year's event will feature a trade show marketplace, educational sessions and panel discussions.
9:00 AM-5:00 PM: trade show floor open to the public
4:45 PM-5:00 PM: Closing remarks by Howard Zemsky, President & CEO, Empire State Development
5:00 PM-6:30 PM: Networking cocktail reception
- Athena Brands, Inc.
- Beecher’s Handmade Cheese
- Fresh Routes
- Lloyd's Carrot Cake
- Organic Avenue
- The Saucey Sauce Co.
- WILLIAM GRANT & SONS/ HUDSON WHISKEY
*Additional exhibitors to be confirmed.
10:00 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.
Distributors, Grocery & Retailers Tell All
- John DeCicco, Owner, DeCicco & Sons
- Rob Kaufelt, Owner & President, Murray’s
- Ben Walker, Director, Marketing & Business Development, Baldor Specialty Foods
12:00 p.m.-12:45 p.m.
Upstate - Downstate: Connecting the Dots
- Barbara J. Turk, Director of Food Policy, Office of the Deputy Mayor for Health and Human Services
-Moderated by Jill Kaplan, V.P. & Publisher, Crain's New York Business
2:00 p.m.-2:45 p.m.
New York State Products in New York City Restaurants
- Andrew Rigie, Executive Director, NYC Hospitality Alliance
- Steve Tenedios, CEO/Co-founder, Fresh & Co.
- Carmen Quagliata, Executive Chef, Union Square Cafe
4:00 p.m.-4:45 p.m.
New York City: Food & Beverage Incubators
- Jonathan Butler, Co-Founder, Brooklyn Flea & Smorgasburg
- David Ehrenberg, President & CEO, Brooklyn Navy Yard
- Patrick, Iacono, Director, Stony Brook University Business Incubator at Calverton
- Michael Phillips, President, Jamestown
Moderated by Adam Sachs, Editor in Chief, SAVEUR
9:00 a.m.-9:45 a.m.
Brand and Design
- Sandra Krasovec, Professor, Packaging Design, Fashion Institute of Technology
- Marianne Rosner Klimchuk, Professor, Packaging Design, Fashion Institute of Technology
Access to Capital: Traditional Funding
- Mario DiCerbo, Business Banking Market Manager, Senior Vice President, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Pitching for Press; Hosted by: Crain's New York Business newsroom
- Adrianne Pasquarelli, Senior Reporter, Crain's New York Business
11:00 am.-11:45 a.m.
Why Craft? How including craft beers and spirits can increase your profits (
- Paul Leone, Executive Director, New York State Brewers Association
Restaurants: Beyond the Table: Alternative Methods of Generating Revenue
- August Cardona, CEO/Co-founder, Epicurean Group
- Heather Bertinetti Rozzi, Corporate Pastry Chef, Major Food Group
Access to Capital: Alternative Funding
- Coco Corona, National Marketing Manager, VEDC
- Bryan Doxford, SVP & Program Manager, Community Lending New York Business Development Corporation
- Derek Denckla, Co-chair, Denckla Projects, Slow Money NYC
1:00 p.m.-1:45 p.m.
Citrin Cooperman Session: Thinking of selling your restaurant? Get the price you want!
- Nick Florio, CPA, Citrin Cooperman
- Stacy Gilbert, CPA, Citrin Cooperman
- Gary Karlitz, CPA, ASA, Citrin Cooperman
- Mandeep Trivedi, CFA, ASA,, Citrin Cooperman
Food Export USA: Exporting Your Product
- Howard Gordon, Liaison, Food Export USA – Northeast
Public Relations Do’s and Don’ts: How to get the most out of your PR Company
3:00 p.m.-3:45 p.m.
Capital Bankcard of New York Session: Credit Card Security
- Hiawatha Colbert, CPP, Chief Executive Officer, Capital Bankcard New York
Social Media 101
- Stephanie Agresta, Board of Advisors, Qnary
3:00 p.m.-3:45 p.m.
<!--[if gte mso 9]> <w:LsdException Loc</p>
Save This Event
When & Where
Crain's New York Business
Crain’s New York Business is the trusted voice of the New York business community, connecting large, mid-sized and small businesses across the five boroughs by providing insights, analysis and opinion on how to navigate New York’s complex business and political landscape. For 30 years,
Crain’s has been reporting on emerging trends, interesting individuals, commercial opportunities, economic changes and politics and policy.