Eventbrite is sold out. Tickets are available on-site to purchase for $75/person.
Join Crain's New York Business for a trade show featuring New York businesses in the food and beverage industry. Crain's Made in New York event is a one of a kind event which connects the food and beverage community of New York with retailers and buyers. This year's event will feature a trade show marketplace, educational sessions and panel discussions.
9:00 AM-5:00 PM: trade show floor open to the public
4:45 PM-5:00 PM: Closing remarks by Howard Zemsky, President & CEO, Empire State Development
5:00 PM-6:30 PM: Networking cocktail reception
- Beecher’s Handmade Cheese
- Beth's Farm Kitchen
- Better off Spread
- Black Dirt Distillery
- Blue Point Brewing Company
- Brewery Ommegang
- Bronx Hot Sauce
- Brooklyn Navy Yard
- Cafe Grumpy
- Catskill Provisions
- The Cheese Guy
- Cooking for Isaiah by Silvana Nardone
- ELVIO'S CHIMICHURRI
- Fresh Routes
- Gillies Coffee
- Green Mustache
- Gun Hill Brewing
- ISH Premium Horseradish
- JK Brenner's Sauce & Spice Co
- Lloyd's Carrot Cake
- Make My Cake
- Misha Dairy
- Ms. Michelle's
- Nahmias et Fils Distillery
- Peekskill Brewery
- Pleasant Valley Wine Company
- Port Morris Distillery
- Pure Genius
- Raaka Chocolate
- Red Thread Good
- Sattva Vida
- The Saucey Sauce Co.
- Sohha Savory Yogurt
- A Sprinkle and a Dash
- WILLIAM GRANT & SONS/ HUDSON WHISKEY
- Zaro's Family Bakery
*Additional exhibitors to be confirmed.
10:00 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.
How to Get Product into Retail: Distributors, Grocers & Retailers Tell All
- John DeCicco, Owner, DeCicco & Sons
- Rob Kaufelt, Owner & President, Murray’s
- Ben Walker, Director, Marketing & Business Development, Baldor Specialty Foods
12:00 p.m.-12:45 p.m.
Upstate - Downstate: Connecting the Dots
- Commissioner Richard A. Ball, New York State Department of Agriculture & Markets
- Barbara J. Turk, Director of Food Policy, Office of the Deputy Mayor for Health and Human Services
-Moderated by Jill Kaplan, V.P. & Publisher, Crain's New York Business
2:00 p.m.-2:45 p.m.
How to Get New York State Products in New York City Restaurants
- Mandy Oser, Owner, Ardesia Wine Bar & The Camlin Wine Bar
- Steve Tenedios, CEO/Co-founder, Fresh & Co.
- Carmen Quagliata, Executive Chef, Union Square Cafe
Moderated by Andrew Rigie, Executive Director, NYC Hospitality Alliance
4:00 p.m.-4:45 p.m.
New York City: Food & Beverage Incubators and The Opportunities They Offer
- Jonathan Butler, Co-Founder, Brooklyn Flea & Smorgasburg
- David Ehrenberg, President & CEO, Brooklyn Navy Yard
- Patrick, Iacono, Director, Stony Brook University Business Incubator at Calverton
- Andrew Kimball, CEO, Industry City
Moderated by Adam Sachs, Editor in Chief, SAVEUR
*Classroom seating is limited and is on a first come first serve basis.
9:00 a.m.-9:45 a.m.
FIT: Packaging, Branding and Design for Your Product
- Sandra Krasovec, Professor, Packaging Design, Fashion Institute of Technology
- Marianne Rosner Klimchuk, Professor, Packaging Design, Fashion Institute of Technology
Access to Capital: Traditional Funding
- Mario DiCerbo, Business Banking Market Manager, Senior Vice President, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Donald DiMartini, VIce President, SBA Lending, Citibank
Pitching Press; Hosted by: Crain's New York Business
- Joe Anuta, Senior Reporter, Crain's New York Business
11:00 am.-11:45 a.m.
Why Craft? How Including Craft Beers and Spirits in Your Restaurant or Bars Can Help Increase Revenue
- David Katleski, President, Empire Brewing and New York State Brewers Association
- Paul Leone, Executive Director, New York State Brewers Association
- Nicole Austin, Master Blender, Kings County Distillery and Director of the New York State Distillers Guild
Restaurants: Beyond the Table - Alternative Methods of Generating Revenue
- August Cardona, CEO/Co-founder, Epicurean Group
- Heather Bertinetti Rozzi, Corporate Pastry Chef, Major Food Group
Access to Capital: Alternative Funding
- Coco Corona, National Marketing Manager, VEDC
- Bryan Doxford, SVP & Program Manager, Community Lending New York Business Development Corporation
- Derek Denckla, Co-chair, Denckla Projects, Slow Money NYC
1:00 p.m.-1:45 p.m.
Thinking of selling your restaurant? Get the price you want! Brought to you by: Citrin Cooperman
- Nick Florio, CPA, Citrin Cooperman
- Stacy Gilbert, CPA, Citrin Cooperman
- Gary Karlitz, CPA, ASA, Citrin Cooperman
- Mandeep Trivedi, CFA, ASA,, Citrin Cooperman
Food Export USA: Exporting Your Product
- Howard Gordon, Liaison, Food Export USA – Northeast
PR Do’s and Don’ts: How to get the most out of your PR Company
3:00 p.m.-3:45 p.m.
Credit Card Security Brought to you by: Capital Bankcard of New York
- Hiawatha Colbert, CPP, Chief Executive Officer, Capital Bankcard New York
Food Export USA: Exporting Your Product
Howard Gordon, Liaison, Food Export USA – Northeast
Social Media 101
- Jennifer Leuzzi, Host of TechBites on Heritage Radio Network
- Mary Snauffer, Director of Editorial, Qnary
When & Where
Crain's New York Business
Crain’s New York Business is the trusted voice of the New York business community, connecting large, mid-sized and small businesses across the five boroughs by providing insights, analysis and opinion on how to navigate New York’s complex business and political landscape. For 30 years,
Crain’s has been reporting on emerging trends, interesting individuals, commercial opportunities, economic changes and politics and policy.