Craftsman Brewing "Triple White Sage" Dinner with Brewmaster Mark Jilg
Monday, August 13, 2012 from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
- "Heavenly Hefeweizen" - Bavarian Style Wheat Beer - 4.8% ABV - The best American-brewed Hefeweizen we have ever tasted. Brewery-Fresh and Unpastuerized.
- "1903" - Pre-Prohibition Style American Lager - 5.8% ABV - What Lager was like before it got ruined. Broad-paletted and simply delicious.
- "Honesty Ale" - Sour Ale with Cherries - 7.0% ABV - Brewed only once a year. Fermented in oak with brettanomyces and Oregon-grown Montgomery tart cherries.
- "Triple White Sage" - Belgian Style Tripel - 9.0% ABV - Brewed seasonally, each summer with hand-harvested aromatic white sage.
- "Citrus Saison" - Saison Style Ale with Fresh Citrus - 7.2% ABV - Brewed only once a year using fresh from the market Meyer Lemon and Pink Grapefruit. Fermented in oak.
With this our third pop-up pairing dinner Beer and Soul is once again humbled and thrilled to bring together one of the Bay Area’s great young chefs, with one of our most favorite brewers, in an extraordinary setting.
In 2007 the SF Chronicle named Chris Kronner as a "Rising Star Chef." At just 24 years of age, Chef Kronner was the youngest ever to receive that honor. Chef Kronner's professional history (Bar Tartine, Serpentine and Slow Club) has showcased his penchant for the sort of casual, comfortable and craveable cusine that great beer begs for.
Mark Jilg, founder and brewmaster at Craftsman Brewing Company is the rare brewer who possesses both the knowledge and proficiency to deliver exemplary versions of classic beer styles like his flagship "Heavenly Hefeweizen," while also showing the imagination and ingenuity to create the sort of concoctions that expand our definition of what beer can be. "Triple White Sage" is Mark's most celebrated example of this creativity.
Boot and Shoe Service is one of Oakland's most popular and beloved restaurants. The space is warm with large communal tables filling a dining room that is focused around an open kitchen and a wood burning oven. A new expansion offers a back patio that feels like the perfect place to enjoy a Hefeweizen on a warm August evening.