The CPLP™ Boot Camp provides an overview of the ASTD Certified Professional in Learning & Performance™ (CPLP) certification program and the 2004 ASTD Competency Model™ the credential is based on.
Discover how and why certification and the competency model are relevant to your work and to the workplace learning & performance industry as a whole.
An accelerated learning approach is used throughout the workshop to allow you to sample what it’s like to be a CPLP™ candidate preparing for both phases of the credentialing process – the CPLP™ Knowledge-based Exam and the CPLP™ Work Product submission.
Upon completion of this workshop, you will be able to:
· Communicate to others how ASTD is using the CPLP™ to lobby the U.S. Department of Labor to recognize workplace learning & performance as a profession.
· Describe how recognition as a member of a profession can raise your credibility in the workplace.
· Identify organizations that are using the CPLP™ for as frameworks for career paths and for continued professional growth and ongoing education.
· Articulate the history, development, and purpose of the CPLP™ certification program, including its foundation on the 2004 ASTD Competency Model™.
· Follow the criteria for both the CPLP™ Knowledge-based Exam and ™Work Product submission phases.
· Assess your readiness to enter the certification program, including eligibility requirements, costs & time commitments.
· Implement tips & tricks to be successful in both phases of the credentialing process.
Who should attend?
· This accelerated learning workshop is designed for the CPLP™ candidates as well as the CPLP™ curious!
Learn more here: http://adjix.com/9986
Who is presenting the workshop session?
Trish Uhl, PMP, CPLP is the founder and president of Owl’s Ledge LLC. Trish played a key role in the 2005 ASTD CPLP Pilot by organizing and managing a virtual study group of 150+ pilot participants throughout the U.S. and Canada. Since then, Trish has facilitated a number of CPLP-related workshops for ASTD chapters all over the country, as well as at the annual ASTD Leaders Conference (ALC).
Trish sits on the Board of Directors for the Chicagoland Chapter, ASTD (CCASTD) and currently serves as a member of the ASTD International Conference & Expo (ASTD ICE) planning committee for the 2009 and 2010 international conferences. Trish and Owl’s Ledge continue to provide coaching services & study materials to CPLP™ candidates worldwide.
*Non-Members--join the Las Vegas Chapter for 10% off the Annual Rate and get all of the Chapter support and resources to support you in your endeavor!
*Doors will not open until 8:00am. Networking and coffee/muffins will be from 8:00 - 8:30 am. The event will begin at 8:30 am.