Corduroy Appreciation Club 1111 2010 Grand Meeting With Keynote Speaker Jesse Thorn
Thursday, November 11, 2010 from 7:30 PM to 10:00 PM (EST)
On the date which most closely resembles Corduroy, 11|11! , we shall convene for the 5th Annual 1111 Grand Meeting of The Corduroy Appreciation Club.
Here is everything you need to know, now, about our Grand Meeting:
- Our Keynote Speaker is the delightful Public Radio wunderkind, Jesse Thorn, Host of PRI's The Sound of Young America, and Put This On, a show about Dressing Like a Grownup!
- We will be meeting in a new and wonderful location. The magnificent, General Society for Tradesmen and Mechanics Library on 44th Street in New York, NY. There are giant card catalogs and curiosities.
- The President of The Corduroy Appreciation Club will give a stirring address about our organization, the state of Corduroy, the never-ending battle against velvet and our special plans for 11 11 11—the date which most closely resembles Corduroy, EVER!
- The 11/12 Project Will Be Launched!
- The Beer Which Most Closely Resembles Corduroy Shall be revealed (and tasted)!
- A short Film About Corduroy Will be Premiered!
- And perhaps some other wonderful things will occur......
- Strange Ritual Practice (No photography please)
- Awards for Exemplary Usage of Corduroy
- Awards for Best Corduroy Dressed
- Corduroy Inspired light fare and Drink
TWO CORDUROY ITEM RULE IN EFFECT! Of course...
Hail the Wale!