Coping to Excelling - Free Screening - Q & A with Autism Community Network
Tuesday, October 15, 2013 from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM (CDT)
San Antonio, TX
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Coming to San Antonio Santiko's Embassy 14 Theater Tuesday, October 15th!
*FREE Screening of a powerful Documentary on High-Functioning Autism & Asperger’s Syndrome.
*FREE Q & A immediately following screening with Doctors, Behavioral Therapists, Occupational Therapist, Special Educator, Documentarian Jennifer Allen and Aspie son, Samuel Allen.
*FREE C2E Goodie Bag full of helpful items and information regarding HFA and AS.
A back-to-school must see for parents and educators!
Contributions to the project include excerpts and a special recorded opening message from Dr. Temple Grandin!
Dr. Temple Grandin
Coping to Excelling documentary builds a firm foundation by which to understand High-Functioning Autism and Aspergers Syndrome. Professionals, Educators and Parents alike agree this program succeeds in communicating the challenges and proven techinques enabling success through the challenging school-age years.
San Antonio resident, Jennifer Allen, cleverly incorporates animation, re-enactments and world-renowned experts in the field of Autism while highlighting her son's challenge with Autism.
Experts on the topic of Autism speak frankly about:
- § What is High-Functioning Autism/Aspergers Syndrome?
- § Importance of the Family Unit
- § Choices in Education
- § Bullying
- § Social Development
Original Music Score by: Nashville Recording Artist Rudy Gatlin, Randy Wills & Herb Allen
Free Q & A immediately following documentary. Guests on panel include:
- Ø Lisa Rogers- ATPE, Director/ Educating Diverse Learners
- Ø – Registered Occupational Therapist/Autism Community Network
- Ø - Medical Director/Autism CommuityNetwork
- Ø Gina Cruz- Director/LearningRX
- Ø Sam Allen – Student with Aspergers, subject of documentary Coping to Excelling
- Ø Jennifer Allen – Wrote, Produced and Directed Coping to Excelling: Solutions for School-aged Children Diagnosed with High-Functioning Autism or Aspergers Syndrome.
Free C2E Goodie Bags distributed to all attendees!
(100% of Bag-Stuffer proceeds & donations benefits the Autism Community Network!)
Thank you to our anchor sponsor: Thank you to our partner:
Thank you to our co-sponsor:
For more information about this program please go to: