Cooperation 66 North
Wednesday, May 7, 2014 at 5:00 PM - Saturday, May 10, 2014 at 11:00 AM (PDT)
Если вам необходима информация на русском языке вы можете связаться:
Cooperation 66 Degrees North is a two-day Arctic maritime and security forum being held in Tromsø, Norway 8-9 May 2014. It is partly funded by the Norwegian Barents Secretariat and designed to enhance communication, cooperation, and collaboration across political, economic, and security sectors throughout the circumpolar region and beyond. In particular, it focuses on fostering frank discourse about security, safety, and operational/legal challenges in the maritime and offshore sectors of the High North.
· Arctic Offshore and Maritime Security Challenges
· Maritime Industries: Shipping, Oil & Gas, and Transport
The forum will be comprised of expert presentations, panel discussions, working group dialogues, excursions, and networking receptions. The capstone event will be joint presentations given by multinational working-groups functioning in combined teams. Program operating language will be English.
Experts to include representatives of European, North American, and Asian Embassies, Trade Associations, along with representatives of leading companies, shipowners associations, classification societies and academic institutions, and regional government agencies from throughout the Circumpolar North.
Arrival Day (7th May): Luxury Hotel, Tromsø, Norway
19:00- Welcome Reception (OPTIONAL)
· Welcome Speech, Introduction of Partners, Sponsors, Organizing Committee, and overview of event plan
· Buffet Dinner with colleagues· Coffee and Refreshments
10:30- Transport to Event Venue
· Key note speakers: K.G. Jebsen Centre for the Law of the Sea, TBA
· Coffee· Panel Discussions: (1) Offshore Industry Challenges | (2) Search and Rescue in the Arctic
13:15- Lunch· Working groups: (1) Security | (2) Maritime Industries | (3) Law17:30- Transport to Hotel
· Casual dinner at local restaurant20:15- Informal reception at the most Northern brewery in the world (Sponsored)
08:30- Transport to Event Venue
· Working groups: (1) Security | (2) Maritime Industries | (3) Law· Coffee with Key note speakers: TBA· Working groups: (1) Security | (2) Maritime Industries | (3) Law13:50- Transport to Arctic-going vessel, Port of Tromsø· Ship-visit· Lunch· Panel Discussions: (1) Polar Code | (2) Defense & Security in the Arctic | (3) Northern Sea Route & Arctic Shipping
17:30- Transport to Hotel
· Continue summarizing working group findings for final presentations19:30- Dinner and reception including presentation of working group findings by participants
· Closing remarks
* Full participant contribution includes a Welcome Reception, two dinners, two lunches, multiple coffee breaks, a closing banquet (including dinner), and all ground transportation during the formal program.
Participants are expected to cover their own travel expenses and accommodation in Tromsø, Norway. A host hotel will be indicated shortly providing a limited number of discount rooms we have arranged for participants.
We hope to see you in Tromsø 8-9 May 2014 to enjoy the majesty above 66° North!