San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
About Cooper U's Interaction Design Training
Are your products failing to resonate with users? Too many features creating bloat? Many of today's products are driven by spreadsheets, technology constraints, and feature lists. They leave frustrated customers wanting more.
We believe a better approach to design focuses on the human needs first and technology second.
In Cooper's Interaction Design training, we can help you envision, plan, and build products and services that are financially viable, technically feasible, and that your customers will love. You’ll learn how to understand customer needs at a deep level, explore new product opportunities, and define the qualities of an ideal user experience. On the final day, you'll put all of you have learned into practice as you redesign a real-world interface.
Course topics include:
- Defining the various human touchpoints (hardware, software, and service) that comprise a product ecosystem
- Mapping the product ecosystem to hunt for and identify product opportunities
- Conducting user research with powerful ethnographic techniques
- Translating research observations into goals, personas, and scenarios
- Developing and prioritizing requirements based on user and business goals
- Quickly turning requirements into a concrete product concept
- Sketching design framework and interface elements
- Communicating your design effectively at different stages of the process
We know things happen. If you need to cancel your registration, notify us by emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 10 business days prior to the start of class, and we will refund your payment, less all applicable discounts (e.g. early bird and multi-class).
Should your plans change with less than 10 business days before class begins, there will be no refunds. However, we will be happy to transfer your registration to the next class that fits your schedule.
When & Where
Since 1992, Cooper has partnered with clients to define and deliver upon service and product strategy. We've design everything from medical devices to consumer products to sophisticated business tools for a wide variety of companies. Our specialty has always been bringing clarity to complex business challenges.
In 2002, we decided to expand our impact by teaching and mentoring clients and working professionals. Drawing from our 20+ years of experience, we offer corporate and public training in service strategy, brand strategy, product definition and design, research, visual design, leadership development and more. See our full list of courses and workshops at www.Cooper.com/training.