Cooler Smarter: Practical Steps for Low Carbon Living
Monday, March 11, 2013 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM (CDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join Net Impact Chicago and welcome host John Rogers, co-author of Cooler Smarter: Practical Steps for Low-Carbon Living, as he shares advice that will help you save money and live healthier!
At this event, you will learn the top ten money-saving green-living tips for consumers and have an opportunity to engage with Net Impact members across Chicagoland. The event is FREE to attend with your RSVP, sign up today!
Cooler Smarter: Practical Steps for Low-Carbon Living is based on a comprehensive two-year study by the Union of Concerned Scientists. While other green guides suggest an array of tips, Cooler Smarter explains how to make the biggest impact and when not to sweat the small stuff. Its central purpose is to empower you, through low-carbon living, to confront one of society’s greatest threats.
- Welcome (3 minutes)
- Introduction to book (2 minutes)
- Annual carbon emissions of average American (2 minutes)
- Reducing individual emissions by 20 percent can make a difference (2 minutes)
- How you drive, savings possible with easy changes (3minutes)
- How you use energy in the home, savings possible with easy changes (3 minutes)
- The food we eat, savings possible with easy changes (3 minutes)
- The stuff we buy, savings possible with easy changes (3 minutes)
- Other myths broken (3 minutes)
- Scaling it up (2 minutes)
- Tools for getting started (2 minutes)
- Questions (30 minutes)
- Networking and refreshments. Books will be availble to purchase. Tour DIRTT! (1hour)
When & Where
Net Impact Chicago
NET IMPACT CHICAGO Net impact is a new generation of leaders who use our careers to tackle the world’s toughest problems. By doing so, we show the world that it’s possible to make a net impact that benefits not just the bottom line, but people and planet too. The Chicago Professional chapter provides opportunities for professionals to network, learn and act for social and environmental good. www.netimpact.org