For 50 years we have been told the wrong approach on how to start a business. Long business plans, endless market researches and imaginary financial forecasts have done nothing but waste the resources of young entrepreneurs, who have often neglected the study of the most important aspect: the understanding of Who the customer is and the co-creation of a solution that effectively responds to his needs and challenges.
Cook Your Start-up is a half-day training based on a new approach called “collaborative Lean” which merges business’ best practices with today's trends rooted on open collaboration, to create smarter and more successful businesses. The aim is to combine theory (by giving a complete overview of lean and customer development) with practice (by helping validate key business assumptions through crowd-sourcing and get your project to the next level).
Participation and collaboration will be the key ingredients for a successful event: a refreshment is offered in order to create several networking opportunities during the breaks.
The evening is divided into 4 parts:
1. Class on today’s paradigm shift: how the Lean approach meets open collaboration (1h);
2. Business modeling based on the open feedback framework (1h);
3. Focus groups on Hypothesis Validation (1h);
4. Pitching, feedback session and networking around a buffet (1h).
The event is open to anyone interested in business creation: from students eager to understand the Lean Start Up approach to young entrepreneurs in the initial phase of their start-ups, as well as experienced entrepreneurs willing to question their own business model. Regardless of the stage where you are with your project, there are always assumptions to be tested.
What happens during the event?
- 18:00 to 18:15: Welcoming & Intro
- 18:15 to 18:50: Lean Startup Training
- 18:50 to 19:10: Analysis of the Paradigm Shift in the startup environment
- 19:10 to 19:20: Coffee Break
- 19:20 to 20:10: Business Modeling Session
- 20:10 to 20:20: Coffee Break
- 20:20 to 21:20: Group work on Hypotheses Validation
- 21:20 to 22:00: Pitching and Feedback session
- after 22:00: drink and networking
Emanuele Musa, Founder & CEO at Babele. Electronic engineer, and MBA in International Management; Lean Startup trainer throughout Europe, Lean enthusiast dynamic entrepreneur and applying every day. Previous work experience includes: Program management for Procter & Gamble in Paris, financial analysis at the Fund Manager "AE Global Investment Solutions ltd" in London, strategic analysis at Bombardier Transportation in Brussels, strategy consulting at Advention Business Partners in Paris and management consulting at IBM in Paris.
For More Info
When & Where
Babele is an online platform for collaborative business planning.
It aims to bring the same revolution that open source did to IT programming,
by applying crowdsourcing to business development.
We provide an open environment in which entrepreneurs:
- build their company strategy using a simple methodology;
- create their community of customers, partners and mentors;
- validate their key business assumptions in a collaborative way.
The community is free to submit ideas, provide answers, share documents and help the projects avoid wasting time, money and resources.
The transparency created within the platform acts as a new market place for differentiating and customizing products and services, attracting stakeholders that create added value previously unobtainable in the conception stage.
We believe that this network could trigger a new era of collaborative culture.
There are millions of others waiting to play their part: all that they need is the infrastructure to make it happen: www.babele.co