Contractor Labor Requirements: The New Executive Orders - A Meeting with Department of Labor's Tim Helm
Wednesday, September 10, 2014 from 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
In light of the recent Executive Orders affecting government contractor employment policies and practices, PSC’s Human Resources and Labor Policy Committee will host a meeting with Tim Helm, Chief of the Government Contracts Branch, Division of Enforcement Policy and Procedures, in the Labor Department’s Wage and Hour Division. This meeting will provide an opportunity to share questions and concerns directly with the Department of Labor. It is open to all member companies and we encourage all member companies to participate.
In 2014 no fewer than five Executive Orders and Presidential Memoranda—and subsequent implementing regulations—were adopted imposing new requirements on how companies hire, compensate, and manage their workforces.
Below are links to the administration’s and PSC’s actions.
- 2/12/14 Executive Order – Establishing a Minimum Wage for Contractors and PSC 1/29/14 member notice.
- 6/17/14 Department of Labor Proposed Rule on Establishing a Minimum Wage for Contractors and 7/28/14 PSC Comments to DoL
- 4/8/14 Executive Order on Non-Retaliation for Disclosure of Compensation Information and Presidential Memorandum on Advancing Pay Equality Through Compensation Data Collection
- 7/21/14 Executive Order Amending EOs on Equal Employment Opportunity
- 7/31/14 Executive Order on Fair Pay and Safe Workplaces