Contract Surety Bonds and Claims: Current Issues
Presented by: Pendleton, Wilson, Hennessey & Crow, P.C. in Denver Colorado, Jay Labe and Edgar Neel
1. Underwriting and the Importance of the General Indemnity Agreement
2. The Basics of Payment and Performance Bond Claims
3. Surety Bonds versus Subcontract Default Insurance Policies
4. Differing Applications of the “Pay-if-Paid” defense and how it relates to surety bonds
5. Pitfalls of the Individual Surety
BRING A GUEST!
Every paid CFMA Member can bring one guest with them at no charge. The guest must be actively employed at a Owner, Contractor, or Subcontractor. The guest can not be an Associate member or similar. The purpose of this restriction is to ensure that the General Membership has the greatest access to this promotion.
When & Where
The Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA) is “The Source & Resource for Construction Financial Excellence” and the only nonprofit organization dedicated to serving the educational needs of today's construction financial professional.
Established in 1981, CFMA’s General Members represent all types of contractors – including general contractors and specialty trades – as well as developers, construction managers, architects, engineers, principals, and material and equipment suppliers. Associate Members include professionals in the accounting, insurance, surety, software, legal, and banking industries, as well as any other specialist who serves the construction industry.