The Understanding Group (TUG) invites you to our Grand Rapids Open House on Tuesday, November 19, 2013, from 6pm–9pm. Please join us for an engaging, fun, and informal evening of learning, networking, and refreshments. Improve your understanding of content strategy as Daniel Eizans presents Content Strategy: Creating Business Value Through Better Content.
EXPLORE 6:00-7:00 pm
- Network and explore TUG's latest projects, speaking engagements, and training offerings while you enjoy refreshments.
- Improve your understanding of content strategy as Daniel Eizans presents Content Strategy: Creating Business Value Through Better Content.
- Enjoy conversation with Dan after his talk, or strike up conversation with other TUG information architects who will be on hand to discuss your IA-related questions and thoughts.
ABOUT THE TALK
Content Strategy: Creating Business Value Through Better Content
When Dan Eizans joined TUG this spring, co-founder and IA Dan Klyn said, “Eizans brings a new way of seeing to our practice, and a bunch of new ways to connect that strategic point of view to a client’s business opportunity." We are excited to bring his wisdom and expertise to TUG clients, partners, and friends.
In a world becoming increasingly driven by big data, it’s easy to fall into the trap of giving too much focus to tactics, techniques and tools for the things we create and the material we manage. In doing so, organizations are losing sight of their guiding purposes, their voice, and their core values.
When done correctly, the practice of content strategy can be a vehicle in protecting brand value and ushering in change. Learn how in Daniel’s talk: Content Strategy: Creating Business Value Through Better Content.
ABOUT DANIEL EIZANS
A passionate member of the information architecture and content strategy communities, Daniel speaks regularly and is a contributor to Contents Magazine. Daniel’s diverse background includes work with an impressive roster of clients such as Ford Motor Company, Chevrolet, Kaiser Permanente, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Environmental Protection Agency, the US Postal Service, the US Mint, USAA, and Olympic Paint and Stain.
- There is ample free parking at the 401 Hall Street SW Lot.
- All are welcome. Please forward this event invite to anyone you think would enjoy the evening. We ask that all friends and colleagues register for a ticket through this Eventbrite invite.
- While it would be wonderful if you could join us for the entire night, we understand schedules are busy. Please feel free to join the portions of the night that you are able to attend.
- We have made a limited number of tickets available for graduate and undergraduate students for this event. Please register for a student ticket if you are a student.
The event will be hosted at the TUG|GR Studio
When & Where
The Understanding Group (TUG)
If you have any questions or will need any specific accomodations, please contact Maria (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Paul (email@example.com)