Conservation Site Assesment and Planning
Wednesday, February 27, 2013 at 10:00 AM - Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 5:00 PM (EST)
Conservation Site Assessment and Planning
Presented in a hybrid format (a combination of online and in-person training), this workshop builds a foundation of skills useful in conducting site assessments and developing resource management plans.
Online: To be completed at your own pace anytime between 15 January and 22 February 2013
In–person: Two day field trip on 27 - 28 February , 2013, at Ordway Swisher Biological Station, Melrose FL
Tuition: $275.00 (does not include lodging)
Optional Lodging: $40/person/night at Gold Head Branch State Park (2 people per cabin; NATA will make reservations and match roommates). Please note there is no internet access at the park. If you prefer to secure your own lodging we recommend the Sleep Inn, in Waldo, FL.
Food: NATA will provide lunch on both days of the workshop; breakfast and dinner will not be provided. Coffee, water, and snacks will provided throughout the workshop.
· Learn how to conduct a thorough yet efficient site assessment
· Discover a variety of sources of information useful when conducting site assessments
· Learn a process for prioritizing conservation/management needs
· Identify site-specific threats to natural resources
· Develop management objectives and design management strategies that effectively address these objectives
· Identify components of effective management plans based on program needs and goals
· Learn about a variety of management plans used by county, state, and federal agencies
Note: Group tuition rates are available for a single agency registering multiple participants — please contact the workshop coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details
For more information please contact the Natural Areas Training Academy:
Due to the format of the workshop refunds cannot be offered once the online material has been accessed. A partial refund may be possible before online workshop material has been accessed; all refund requests are subject to a $50 cancellation fee.