San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The Clark University New Economy Summit website is up and running!
Click here to access our website for detailed information about our summit, held on campus on April 19th, 2013.
We are pleased to announce that Clark University is one of fourteen university partners selected by the New Economics Institute (NEI) to host a free student-led summit. The NEI is supporting Clark graduate and undergraduate students to host a conference that prioritizes the well-being of people and the planet using new economy models and approaches. The New Economics Summit themed, “Connecting the Dots: Pathways to a New Economy” will be hosted Friday, April 19th, 2013 at Clark University.
The aim is to address how to develop pathways to a new economy for the City of Worcester by highlighting organizations and contributing stakeholders who are leading the way for this movement. This summit will provide an opportunity to engage the Clark and Worcester community of students, faculty, practitioners, and experts in an exchange of ideas, evidenced-based practices, and available resources.
The outline for the summit will include workshop sessions, panel discussions, and expo of local organizations.
New Economy themes/workshops include:
- The New Economy 101
- Transforming Money, Alternative Banking Practices
- Food and Environmental Justice
- Buying Local, The Importance of a Thriving Local Economy
- Alternative Business Ownership and Model for a New Economy
- The Art of Documentary Filmmaking
Schedule of New Economy Summit - Clark University
9:00am-9:55am: Introduction/Keynote Speaker Juliet Schor
10:00am-10:55am: Workshop Session 1
11:00am-11:55am: Workshop Session 2
1:30pm-2:15pm: Moderated Panel Discussion
2:30pm-3:30pm: Closing/Keynote Speaker Karen Washington
*3:45pm-4:30pm: Tea & Social Hour
*3:45pm-5:45pm: The Art of Documentary Filmmaking Workshop
6:00pm-7:30pm: Film: Bitter Seeds followed by Q&A with Filmmaker Micha Peled
* Attendees will choose to either attend the Tea & Social Hour OR The Art of Documentary Filmmaking Workshop.
What is the New Economics Institute?
- The mission of the New Economics Institute is to build a New Economy that prioritizes the well-being of people and the planet. More information can be found here: http://neweconomicsinstitute.org/
Is the summit free?
- Yes, it absolutely is! Register today and bring along your friends for a full day of discussions and presenters!
- Yes, you can register by 8:30am on the day of the event. Space for the workshops are limited. Please register early if you would like to attend the exciting workshops we have planned.
- Yes, you do have to register to see the Keynote speakers. You can register online or in person before 8:30am on the day of the event.