Sponsor: McGladrey LLP #manufacturing
Participating sponsor: nPlusOne Consulting
Manufacturing is vital to Connecticut’s economic health and future. Now, after decades of uncertainty, the state’s manufacturers could be entering a new era of opportunity. Employment is rising, companies that moved overseas are returning and continuous improvement initiatives are helping many manufacturers hone their operations and enhance competitiveness.
Join us for a discussion on the state of national and local manufacturing and learn about strategies for maximizing your company’s success.
8:30 – 8:35 am: Introduction - Peter Gioia, Vice President and Economist, CBIA
8::35 - 9:15 am: Overview of U.S. manufacturing - Steve Menaker, Partner, McGladrey LLP
9:15 - 9:30 am: Connecticut Manufacturing: Building on the Past, Creating Our Future - Pete Gioia, Vice President and Economist, CBIA
9:30 - 10: 30 am: Panel - Connecticut Manufacturing Achieving Success
- Moderator: Steve Menaker, Partner, McGladrey LLP
- Brian DiBella, Vice President and General Manager - Wiremold Electrical Wiring Systems Division, Legrand
- Don Janezic, CFO, Bigelow Tea
Susan Lesser, Co-Founder, nPlusOne Consulting
10:30 - 10:45: Break
10:45 - 11:45 am: Panel - Industry-Driven Workforce Solutions
- Moderator: Bonnie Del Conte, President, CONNSTEP
- Jason Howey, President, Okay Industries
- Dr. Karen Wosczyna-Birch, Executive Director College of Technology, Connecticut Community Colleges
- Dave J. Tuttle, Department Head/ Manufacturing. Connecticut Technical High School System
- Douglas Johnson, Vice President of Operations, Marion Manufacturing Company
11:45 am - noon: Improving Connecticut’s Manufacturing Climate - Joe Brennan, Senior Vice President of Public Policy, CBIA
Tune to WFSB Channel 3 or WTIC 1080 for cancellations due to inclement weather.