San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Connect China via Films Forum No.4- Co present with USC CSSA
Join with us in the on-campus interview with Mr. Yanming Jiang, the producer of Assembly (集结号) and President of China Lion Film Distribution.
Topics will include:
- In a filmmaking system where the director is the 'king', what role does the Producer play?
- Will a producer centered system be installed in China's film industry and when?
- What is the current status of special effects and visual effects of Chinese cinema?
About Guest Speaker: Mr. Yanming Jiang
- Seaoned veteran of Chinese film and TV industry and long-time friend with Feng Xiaogang (Aftershock, Assembly, The Bankquet).
- Produced over 100 TV Series, most known being Assembly (集结号) and The Grand Mansion aka Da Zhai Men 大宅门.
- Special Effects Supervisor on award-winning films such as The Flower of War (2011), Aftershock (2010), Assembly (2007), and The Banquet (2006).
- Founder and CEO of Technicolor China, a joint-venture between Technicolor and a Beijing-based VFX company.
- President of China Lion Distribution, the sole distributor of Chinese movies overseas.
About China Lion Film Distribution
China Lion, headquartered in Los Angeles with offices in Toronto, Sydney, Beijing and Auckland, became the first distributor to release major Chinese theatrical features day-and-date with China as part of their exclusive deal with leading U.S. cinema chain AMC. Publicly-listed Chinese studios Huayi Brothers Media Corp. and Bona Film Group Ltd. both acquired 20 percent stakes in China Lion in 2011.
When & Where
ReelMe is a growing society of emerging filmmakers, talents, and entrepreneurs who are interested in and aspire to break into China’s film market.
By organizing offline and online Sino-US film events, ReelMe’s goal is to help emerging film people develop their careers and empower them with an international perspective.