Thank you for your commitment to participate in Congenital Heart Advocacy Day 2014 on February 26 and 27, 2014 at The Dupont Circle Hotel in Washington, D.C.
We look forward to you joining us for two days of connecting, learning and educating our lawmakers about congenital heart disease.
Your registration includes:
- Initial 2 hour training session with government relations experts.
- Welcome reception at the American College of Cardiology's Heart House, plus transportation there.
- Breakfast and final training session.
- Coordination and logistics for all of your visits with your lawmakers. We will schedule your visits and arrange transportation to and from Capitol Hill.
- Closing reception with light dinner.
Please see below for schedule of events.
Your registration also enters you in a contest for a room upgrade! Winners will be contacted after the discounted rate at the hotel ends; all attendees who have booked a hotel room with our group (using the code you will receive in your confirmation email) are eligible.
In addition, we are offering a contest for free parking passes. If you will have a car at Advocacy Day, please check the appropriate box during registration to be entered.
- Travel and lodging will be your responsibility. We have contracted with The Dupont Circle Hotel to offer you a negotiated room rate of $219. Included in your confirmation will be a link to the online hotel registration page - please reserve your room prior to Wednesday, February 5. We cannot guarantee the discounted rate after this date.
- When making travel arrangements, our program will begin at 3 p.m. EST on Wednesday, February 26. Please plan on arriving in time to attend. Please plan your departure no earlier than 5 p.m. EST on Thursday, February 27 (preferably later). There are rooms available for an extended stay at the discounted rate both Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
- In a later email, you will receive a link to Ready, Set, Advocate - A preparedness handbook for your trip to Washington, D.C. You will find more information about the agenda in this document. In fact, many questions are answered in this document. Please read it carefully and thoroughly. Then, if you have any additional questions, please contact Christine at email@example.com.
Schedule of Events
Wednesday, February 26
1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Registration Opens The Dupont Circle Hotel
3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Advocate Training The Dupont Circle Hotel
6:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. Welcome Reception ACC Heart House
Thursday, February 27
7:45 a.m. Buffet Breakfast The Dupont Circle Hotel
8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. Meeting Preparation and Training The Dupont Circle Hotel
10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Congressional Meetings Capitol Complex
5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Closing Remarks and Reception The Dupont Circle Hotel
Adult Congenital Heart Association
The mission of the Adult Congenital Heart Association (ACHA) is to improve and extend the lives of the millions born with heart defects through education, advocacy and the promotion of research.
Mended Little Hearts is a program of the Mended Hearts Inc., a non-profit, volunteer-based organization providing hope, help and healing to heart patients and their families since 1951. The Mended Little Hearts program works nationally and in communities to support children with congenital heart defects and their families.