Congenital Heart Advocacy Day 2013
Thank you for your commitment to participate in Congenital Heart Advocacy Day 2013 on March 18 and 19, 2013 at the Park Hyatt in Washington D.C.
We look forward to you joining us for 2 days of connecting, learning and educating our lawmakers about congenital heart disease.
Your registration includes:
- Initial 2 hour training session with ACHA advocacy staff and featured guest speakers including legislative staff of Congressman Gus Bilirakis
- Welcome reception with light dinner
- Breakfast and final training session
- Coordination and logistics for all of your visits with your lawmakers. We will schedule your visits and maintain transportation to and from Capitol Hill.
- Hospitality room with refreshments throughout the day on Capitol Hill.
- Closing reception with dinner
Please see below for schedule of events.
- Travel and lodging will be your responsibility. We have contracted with the Park Hyatt Hotel to offer you a negotiated room rate of $299. Included in your confirmation will be a link to the online hotel registration page - please reserve your room prior to February 22nd. We cannot guarantee the discounted rate after this date. We do have a limited number of scholarships for lodging available. Please contact Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
- When making travel arrangements, our program will begin at 3pm on Monday, March 18. Please plan on arriving in time to attend. Please plan your departure no earlier than 5pm on Tuesday, March 19. There are rooms available for an extended stay at the discounted rate both Sunday and Tuesday evening.
- In your confirmation email, you will also find a link to Ready, Set, Advocate - A preparedness handbook for your trip to Washington D.C. You will find more information about the agenda in this document. In fact, many questions are answered in this document. Please read it carefully and thoroughly. Then, if you have any additional questions, please contact Christine at email@example.com.
Schedule of Events
Monday, March 18
1:00pm – 3:00pm Registration Opens Park Hyatt Hotel
3:00pm – 5:00pm Advocate Training , Park Hyatt Hotel
6:00pm – 9:00pm Welcome Reception Park Hyatt Hotel
Tuesday, March 19
6:45am Buffet Breakfast Park Hyatt Hotel
7:00am – 8:00am Meeting Preparation and Training Park Hyatt Hotel
8:00am – 5:00pm Congressional Meetings Capitol Complex
5:00pm - 7:00pm Closing Reception Park Hyatt Hotel
Park Hyatt - Washington D.C.
1201 24th Street, Northwest
Adult Congenital Heart Association
The mission of the Adult Congenital Heart Association (ACHA) is to improve and extend the lives of the millions born with heart defects through education, advocacy and the promotion of research.