Conflict Management in Communications Centers
Friday, August 17, 2012 from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
CONFLICT MANAGEMENT IN COMMUNICATIONS CENTERS
This course is intended for:
Managers, supervisors, training officers, and others within law enforcement and fire communications centers that have a supervisory role.
Conflict management is the long-term management of intractable conflicts. Conflict occurs with every group of people, in every organization. It creates unique problems when it occurs with a group of strong personalities working in public safety communications.
This course presents and discusses proactive steps to better manage and minimize conflict within the communications center.
Effective conflict management in communications centers results in increased morale, higher retention rates, promotes professionalism, and increases productivity.
This course includes instruction on:
- Nature, modes, and perceptions of conflict
- Power and Ego
- Tools for Success
- Application in Communications Centers
POST Plan IV
POST Course Control #1107-12433-12001
Instructor: Jeffrey Hebert - San Diego County Sheriff's Department
What Others Have Said About This Course
- "The most helpful part of the class was the information provided on how to apply the techniques within the comm center"
- "It was right on target. Excellent class, great instructor"
- "I wish that everyone in the business could take this class!"
- "Jeff is a fabulous instructor"
- "I really liked the instructor. I think he was well prepared and well informed on the topic."
- "Class was really informative. The instructor was excellent!"
- "I thought Jeff did very well at engaging the participants and interacting with the class as a whole. Very enjoyable class!"
- "I especially enjoyed the interactive group activities."
- "The group discussions from different agencies were helpful and the instructor facilitated the discussions well with interactive group activities that kept students participating."
For additional information or questions, contact Melissa Hernandez at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling 619.342.7344
Prerequisite: Must be currently employed by a public safety agency
Classes presented by the San Diego Association of Public Safety Dispatchers are certified by the California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training and meet the continuing professional training requirements for California public safety dispatchers.
When & Where
San Diego Association of Public Safety Dispatchers
|The San Diego Association of Public Safety Dispatchers (APSD) develops and presents training courses for public safety dispatchers.|
|Classes presented by APSD are certified by the California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training and meet the continuing professional training requirements for California public safety dispatchers.|
|APSD works in conjunction with existing law enforcement, fire/EMS associations and resources to bring the needs and concerns specific to communications to the forefront. APSD is an independent, non-profit association made up of fire and law enforcement communications center managers, supervisors, phone and radio dispatchers in San Diego County.|
| APSD is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization
Tax I.D. 04-3730953