Confections, Coding and Community: Philadelphia Meetup for ONE K in 1 DAY
Sunday, September 9, 2012 from 10:30 AM to 2:00 PM
Huntingdon Valley, PA
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Confections, Coding and Community
Get your website up and running in one day at this local Philadelphia meet up for ONE K in 1 DAY
Do you have a great business concept, but lack a website? Are you overwhelmed at the thought of creating and launching your web presence?
On September 9th, 1,000 women around the world will be getting their website up and running in StartupTrainingSchool.com's ONE K in 1 DAY event. For an extra dose of community and support, Philadelphia-area women will be gathering at the Huntingdon Valley headquarters of AWeber Communications to work through the steps together, and access the knowledge of local web experts.
ONE K in 1 DAY Details:
We’ll be walking you through all the steps you need to get your WordPress-powered website up and running. By the end of the day, you could be ready to launch your site live to the world – and of course, we’ll be cheering you on and giving a shout-out to all of who do.
Confections -- AWeber will provide beverages and pastries, but feel free to bring a dish of your own to share! (Not required at all for participation.)
Coding -- This event will cover everything needed to get your website up and running, including:
1. Purchasing web hosting from 1 K in 1 DAY's recommend provider.
2. Installing WordPress on your domain (only required if you host using a cPanel hosting service).
3. Configuring the settings on your WordPress website so that it works the way you want it to.
4. Adding a couple of nifty things (called plugins) which enhance the way that WordPress works.
5. Setting up the pages you want on your new website.
6. Adding the content to your pages (if you’ve already completed this in the preparation stage).
7. Showing you how and where you can start to customize the look & feel of your website should you want to.
Community -- Do you enjoy learning with others? By participating in this event you'll meet local women in your shoes, grow your network of contacts, and gain access to Philadelphia-area web experts and organizations. And, based on feedback we receive that day, we hope to plan additional workshops throughout the year as you refine and grow your business' web presence.
10:30 am: Network and enjoy a brunch with fellow participants, and get your computer set up for the live-stream event.
11:30 am: AWeber will project 1 K in 1 DAY's live 90-minute webinar, guiding you through the process of getting started.
1:00 pm: Debrief from the day's activities, and have your questions answered by local web experts. Based on interest from those attending, additional follow up workshops may be scheduled to explore additional topics in-depth.
Want to join us?
First, head over to http://startuptrainingschool.com/events/1k-1d/ and sign up to receive important details leading up to the event, as well as exciting swag from 1 K in 1 DAY sponsors. Then, click "Register" at this top of this page to save your spot for the Philadelphia in-person event.
AWeber is in an office complex at 3103 Philmont Ave. between Tomlinson and Byberry Rd. You will see a sign titled "World Business Campus".
Turn in and follow the road all the way back; you'll see some pull-in parking on the side of the building as well as a large parking lot. Our entrance is the double glass door under the covered walkway.
3103 Philmont Ave.
Huntingdon Valley, PA
AWeber, headquartered in Huntingdon Valley, helps entrepreneurs, businesses and bloggers increase sales and profits through its suite of web-based email marketing software. For more information, visit aweber.com, subscribe to the AWeber blog, or connect on Twitter and Facebook.
Silver Hoop Edge
Located in Central NJ
ONE K in 1 DAY spotted in...
- Flying Kite Media - 1K in 1 day, Wordpress for women event, gets local thanks to AWeber
- Technically Philly - 1K in 1 DAY: Effort to launch 1,000 websites in one day by women in business hosted locally by AWeber
- New York Times - You're The Boss blog
- Fast Company - Have You Registered 300 Domain Names?
When & Where
AWeber, headquartered in Chalfont, PA, helps entrepreneurs, businesses and bloggers increase sales and profits through its suite of web-based email marketing software. For more information, visit aweber.com, subscribe to the AWeber blog, connect on Twitter and Facebook, or check out career opportunities at aweber.jobs.