This class is designed to educate board members and community association managers about issues and pitfalls associated with community association renovations, maintenance and repairs to association property.
It addresses various issues including those associated with the following:
- Certificates of Insurance - Additional Insured Status & the importance of Builders Risk Insurance.
- Requirements to pass assessments for improvements and restrictions, such as membership votes required to take action and document interpretation.
- Scope of warranties and pitfalls associated with them. What to watch out for to avoid problems when enforcing warranty protection.
- The importance of retaining skilled consultants such as engineers and others when performing remedial work on association property.
- Hurricane Contracting and common issues arising in the aftermath of a hurricane.