Concerned About Fracking in Your Community? Take Action Now! Southwest Ohio Regional Meeting
Saturday, September 10, 2011 from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM (EDT)
Yellow Springs, OH
Concerned About Fracking in Your Community?
Take Action Now!
Announcing the Southwest Ohio Regional
CALL TO ACTION Meeting to Stop Fracking
September 10, 2011
(10:00 - 2:00)
Antioch University Midwest in Yellow Springs Ohio
Concerned citizens and organizations in SW Ohio are gathering for a very important regional CALL TO ACTION. Technology has recently been developed that is allowing energy companies to drill in a new way. This new drilling method is known as horizontal hydraulic fracturing or "fracking." You've undoubtedly heard about fracking in the media--it is reported to be contaminating drinking water, rivers, air and land all around the country.
Now gas and oil companies have their sights on Ohio. Some companies are fracking in Ohio right now!
The grassroots anti-fracking movement is growing every day in Ohio AND around the world to stop fracking from poisoning our water, air and land. There are LOCAL strategies that communities can use to protect themselves. Please join us to learn more about this very important issue and to learn:
1. How to educate neighbors in order to keep as many people as possible from signing leases
2. How to work with local elected leaders to implement ordinances or resolutions to say "NO" to fracking
3. How to work with local elected leaders to take back local control over zoning through legal challenges
Attendees will gain the knowledge base to take action in their communities.
Together we can protect our Ohio communities. We need you and your voice to make the Ohio anti-fracking movement stronger!
Please note: A continental breakfast will be provided
Questions? Click "Contact the Host" button to the right
To speak with someone directly call Mary Clare Rietz at Ohio Alliance for People and Environment at 513-227-1871
Counties involved in Southwest regional meeting:
When & Where
The Sustainability Program at Antioch University
Concerned citizens in SW Ohio and the following organizations are teaming up to organize this very important CALL TO ACTION:
1. The Sustainability Program at Antioch University
2. NEOGAP (Network for Oil & Gas Accountability and Protection)
3. Ohio Alliance for People and Environment
4. Ohio Sierra Club
5. Ohio Student Environmental Coalition
6. Members from No Frack Ohio, a coalition of Ohio environmental, health and community groups