Concealed Handgun February 1 Cedar Park
Saturday, February 1, 2014 from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM (CST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Classroom: Keller Williams Realty Office, Cedar Park
Range: Best of the West Shooting Sports, Libety Hill
SCHEDULE FOR THE DAY
7:45 am Check In @ Classroom
8:00 am Course Begins
1:00 pm Classroom session concludes and transition to the Range
2:00 pm Shooting Proficiency
3:00 pm Extra Range Begins
5:00 pm Conclusion of Extra Range Training
TOPICS COVERED IN THIS COURSE
- Legal Requirements for a CHL
- Non Violent Dispute Resolution
- Situational Awareness
- Mental Preparation for Concealed Carry
- Safe Handling and Proper Storage of Firearms
- .32 or Higher Caliber Handgun
- 2 Magazines
- 1 box of 50 rounds of ammunition
- Eye and Ear Protections
- Appropriate Clothing for Weather
- Closed Toe Shoes
Below are some frequently asked questions that are helpful to provide answers to on your event page for attendees.
1) Is there a phone number or email where I can contact the organizer with any questions?
2) What is your refund policy?
View our complete policy on Terms and Conditions
3) Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
Applicants must have a state issued DL or ID to participate in this course. The age requirement is
21 yrs old, or 18 yrs old active duty military.
4) Do I need to print out and bring a ticket to get in?
No you do not need to print the ticket.
5) Will you be selling tickets at the door?
If there is space available in the class, we do accept walk ins. We strongly encourage participants
to pre-register so they receive the student handbook and important information for the course.
6) What is the parking situation like?
There is plenty of parking at our classroom location as it is in a major shopping center, and
parking at the range is right next to the area in which we shoot.
7) Is the venue handicap accessible?
Yes, both the classroom and the range are handicap accessible. If you need to arrange
special accomodations to participate in the class please contact Julianna to discuss
options for a comfortable and succesful experience.
8) Where is the event taking place?
The class will take place in two locations. Conformation of where you need to be and at what time
will be sent out in a reminder prior to your class date.
Classroom: Keller Williams Realty Office located at 1335 East Whitestone Boulevard #200 Cedar
Park TX 78613 in the 1890 Ranch Shopping Center on FM 1431 and 183A. directely across from
the Cedar Park Regional Medical Center.
Range: Best of the West Shooting Sports located at 19500 Hwy 29, Liberty Hill TX 78942, 7 miles west on Hwy 29 from the intersection of 183.
5 STEPS TO COMPLETE FOR APPLICATION:
These steps must be completed before you can submit your final application to DPS:
- Go to DPS website and submit your online application: https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdps/chl/ After you have paid the state fees, if any apply, you will need to print your receipt and the checklist. NOTE: the checklist contains the barcode number that you will need should you have to call DPS and you will need to mail it as part of the application packet. You will have one year to complete the remaining steps below or you will forfeit your application fee to Texas DPS.
- Register for and take a CHL class. You must pass the written test and the shooting test. Once you have passed both sections of the class, Capitol Area Practical Shooting will provide you a Completion Certificate (CHL-100). Capitol Area Practical Shooting offers a regular schedule of classes.
- Photos: DPS is now using the TX DL or ID photo. If you do not have a Texas Drivers License or Identifcation Card you must obtain two passport photos. You can go to Wal-Mart, Walgreens, CVS, etc. to obtain photos. CAPS will provide you with the Photo Holder form CHL-6.
- Fingerprints: DPS NO LONGER ACCEPTS ROLLED-INK PRINTS. You must get your fingerprints taken at IdentoGO (formerly L-1 Enrollment Solutions, operated by MorphoTrust USA). They are the sole provider of DPS-authorized fingerprint services. You MUST make an appointment for your fingerprint session with L1, they do not accept walk-ins. Go to the website:http://www.identogo.com/ or call 1-888-467-2080 to schedule an appointment. Your prints will automatically be submitted to DPS. This step can be done any time after you complete step 1.
- Submit your packet to DPS with all necessary materials: Receipt/Checklist, CHL-100, photos, photo holder form. Your checklist may include additional items depending upon your own circumstances, such as proof of military status, court records for prior criminal history, proof of citizenship, etc.
When & Where
Julianna Crowder - Capitol Area Practical Shooting
Welcome to JuliannaCrowder.com AND Capitol Area Practial Shooting
John and Julianna Crowder, owners and instructors of Capitol Area Practical Shooting are NRA Certified instructors and licensed with TX DPS as Texas Concealed Handgun License Instructors. Julianna is the primary instructor with John available for private groups and special events.
What Our Clients Say About CAPS
Karen A. (Leander)