CONCEALED CARRY PISTOL CLASS
PLEASE NOTE There is a $50 DEPOSIT upon registration.
(all deposits are transferable but not refundable)
Balance of $100 due on the day of the class - CASH ONLY!
CLASS STARTS AT 9:30AM - PLEASE BE THERE NO LATER THAN 9:15AM FOR SET UP AND SAFETY BRIEFING.
OnSight Firearms Training will be hosting a Concealed Carry Pistol Shooting Class on SATURDAY September 24th, 2016.
Westchester County Blue Mountain Sportsman’s Center Police Ranges - 183 Watch Hill Rd, Cortlandt Manor, NY.
This class is designed for individuals who carry concealed or intend to carry concealed and are seeking self defense skills for their everyday environment. The focus will be on drawing and manipulating our pistols and magazines from under the concealment of shirts, sweatshirts, jackets, etc. items in our daily wardobe.
This class will help build skills, techniques and confidence for the beginner, or intermediate shooter. This is also a great opportunity for the advanced shooter to refresh and practice their skills as well as learn something new.
Students should dress as they normally do in their day to day environment.
All students must have a valid current New York State issued pistol permit, understand and be able to successfully maintain all shooting safety fundamentals. Working to and from and shooting from a holster a plus, but not mandatory.
Start time is 9:30am. Students are expected to arrive no later than 9:15am for set up and range safety briefing.
The class curriculum contains:
- Basic pistol safety fundamentals.
- Range safety, orientation and proper range protocol.
- Shooting fundamentals (grip, stance, breath control, trigger control, hold control, sight picture and sight alignment, follow through).
- Concealed carry responsibilities and obligations.
- Drawing from concealment
- Dry fire / live fire drills.
- Malfunctions and stoppages.
- Reloading techniques.
- Hand to hand basics
- Reality based defense drills and techniques.
- Strong hand and weak hand shooting.
- Accuracy and speed development drills.
- Engaging multiple targets.
- Retention and disarms
- Close quarter drills
- Low light pistol drills
- Team tactics
- Gear discussion/selection.
- Cover vs. concealment
- Aternate shooting positions
All students must bring:
- Semi-automatic pistol or revolver of their choice.
- Minimum of 400 rounds of brass cased ammunition (no steel cased ammo).
- Quality eye and ear protection.
- Two magazines minimum with magazine carriers/pouch, etc.
- Pistol / caliber specific cleaning supplies or kit.
- Sturdy belt and strong side holster. Please no flimsy, dangling or cloth holsters. Leather, IWB, or Kydex preferred.
- Surefire or similar hand held LED flashlight. (we have a few to loan)
- Minimum 5 dummy rounds.
- Everyday carry or pocket / belt clip folding knife.
- Concealment vest or jacket.
- Sweatshirt or hoodie or button up “concealment” style shirt.
- An open mind, humble, willing to learn attitude!
For more information or questions please contact: email@example.com
This course is limited to 14 students only. First 14 to buy tickets will attend.
Lunch and beverages will be provided. Students are encouraged to bring their own lunch if desired.
Private and group shooting lessons available - Rifle - Pistol - Shotgun
Women's classes available.
New York (resident) pistol permit classes, Utah, Connecticut, Maine, New Hampshire, Florida, Virginia, Arizona, Massachusetts non-resident carry permit classes available.
For more info:
BLACKPOINT TACTICAL HOLSTERS
OnSight Firearms Training has partnered with BlackPoint Tactical to give our customers
a great deal on the best kydex holsters on the market!
BlackPoint Tactical manufactures a full line of KYDEX products built around the ideas of comfort and concealment. BlackPoint Tactical produce hand crafted products which are entirely Made in the USA. They strive to produce a top quality product exceeded only by the level of customer service provided. Please visit their website and if purchasing, please use coupon code: OFTUSA for a nice discount!
Cortlandt Manor, NY - $150
DEFENSIVE SHOTGUN with Ken Allen
September 25, 2016 9:30am - Cortlandt Manor, NY - $150
PRACTICAL PISTOL – ACCURACY & ACCOUNTABILITY
October 16, 2016 9:30am – Cortlandt Manor, NY - $150
October 22, 2016 9:30am – Cortlandt Manor, NY - $150
October 23, 2016 9:30am - Cortlandt Manor, NY - $150
PRACTICAL PISTOL SKILLS with Chris Fry
November 12, 2016 9:30am – Cortlandt Manor, NY - $150
PRIMARY / SECONDARY TRANSITION
November 13, 2016 9:30am – Cortlandt Manor, NY - $150
When & Where
OnSight Firearms Training
From pistols to rifles & shotguns, self defense to home defense, let OnSight's professional instructors give you the training you need.
OnSight will travel to you and let you request a class specific to you or your group. We also offer classes specifically designed for women.
OnSight Firearms training is currently offering Pistol Permit courses and application assistance for the following states:
OnSight Firearms Training instructors are a group of firearm professionals certified in a diverse range of disciplines. We provide everything from basic safety classes to advanced LEO training and instructor certification courses.
Remember, you can request a course and we will travel to your location and customize the course for your group.