Advanced Care Concepts
- Health & Wellness
- Mercer Health, Coldwater OH
o E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
o Phone: 419-305-3043
About the session:
The recognition of rhythms is an important skill for practicing nurses. In addition, being able to correlate the clinical assessments and appropriate treatment aspects are essential. This session will bring all of this together for the practicing bedside professional.
Abnormalities in conduction and rhythms will be thoroughly reviewed in addition to assessment parameters and drug therapy. Bundle branch blocks, an easy way to determine axis, and pacemaker dysfunction will also be explored. Recognition of shock states, pulmonary edema and conditions leading to pulseless electrical activity will be detailed along with bedside implications when assisting with rapid sequence intubation and initial stabilization of patients.
A review of the following is incorporated into this interactive seminar:
1. Describe the physiology and clinical significance of electrical generation and conduction in cardiac tissue and abnormalities which may occur.
2. Recognize the various types of slow rhythms seen in cardiac clients, the distinguishing ECG characteristics, clinical presentation, and appropriate management.
3. Recognize the various rhythm patterns that can be seen in clients with temporary or permanent pacemakers.
4. Identify and initiate appropriate treatment for clients in ventricular fibrillation or pulseless ventricular tachycardia.
5. Distinguish between the characteristics of the various atrial dysrhythmias and appropriate treatment.
6. Identify the characteristics of the wide versus narrow complex rhythms and appropriate treatment.
7. State the appropriate differential diagnosis and treatment options in clients with pulseless electrical activity or asystole.
8. Describe the causes, clinical presentation, rhythms, and initial management of clients in pulmonary edema and shock.
9. Identify various cardiac dysrhythmias and appropriate interventions during a rhythm review session.
Recent seminar comments:
“Very interesting class. This will really help me to identify abnormal rhythms and take better care of my patients.”
“Excellent way of making rhythms easier to understand.”
“I understand some of the ways to now distinguish the different types of dysrhythmias. The class gave me some tools to evaluate ECGs and know how to assess and treat my patients.”
“This was a great review which will enable me to provide better care for my cardiac patients. I finally understand some rhythms I had been having trouble with.”
“I enjoyed this class very much. It was a great refresher of many rhythms commonly seen and then an invaluable explanation of other rhythms seen, but not necessarily recognized. Reminded me of what I need to spend more time with.”
“Excellent instructor! Extraordinary clinical knowledge with the ability to answer questions in a way that makes understanding easy.”
Your Instructor: Cynthia M. Liette, MS, APRN, ACNS-BC, CCRN
Ms. Liette has been a nurse for more than 30 years. She has worked in a variety of clinical settings including intensive/ coronary care, emergency room, medical-surgical units, and supervision. She currently works as a Clinical Nurse Specialist in a rural health care system. She has been an educator for practicing nurses, nursing students, and paramedics for more than 25 years while still maintaining a clinical practice. Her numerous seminars consistently receive excellent reviews from all levels of health professionals.
She holds a Master’s Degree from Wright State University in the Clinical Nurse Specialist Adult Health track and is Board Certified as a CNS. She is also an ACLS instructor and is certified in both critical care and trauma nursing.
She is the owner and president of Educational Concepts, LLC. She has authored a successful pharmacology series and has taught a wide variety of subjects including Nurse Refresher and Nurse Internship programs, Critical Care courses, 12-Lead ECG and Rhythm interpretation, IV therapy, and Lab and ABG interpretation, She is also the author of The Pearls for Medical-Surgical Nursing Certification Review course.
She is a member of Sigma Theta Tau - National Nursing Honor Society, National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists and the American Association of Critical Care Nurses.
Educational Concepts, LLC is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Ohio Nurse’s Association (OBN-001-91), an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.