- Seminar is scheduled from 8:00 AM -6:30 PM each day
- Contact hours: 40.7 CE with clinical component and 34.7 CE without the clinical component
- Cost of the program includes extensive handout materials for note taking and future reference and lab practice. Cost also includes the clinical component to assist the LPN participant to obtain their 3 required successful venipunctures in a clinical setting. Venipunctures must be completed within six months of the classroom component. A $25.00 issuance fee is also required by LPNs payable to the Treasurer, State of Ohio, prior to completion of the course in order to process the application.
- All information provided is copyright protected and may not be reproduced in any way for distribution.
- Lunch and refreshments will be on your own
- No smoking permitted on the property
- Dress in layers for the session since conference rooms can vary in temperature
· For more information you may contact us by e-mail (preferred) or phone
o E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
o Phone: 419-305-3043
About the session:
This forty-hour course is designed for any nurse wishing to complete a comprehensive intravenous therapy course. The course meets all the requirements of the Ohio Board of Nursing for Licensed Practical Nurses seeking authorization to perform IV therapy in the State of Ohio. The classroom instruction uses an extensive outline packet to facilitate learning and to serve as a resource for participants on completion of the course. The course is divided into eight modules with post-testing following the completion of each to evaluate learning. Case studies are used throughout the course to incorporate clinical application and critical thinking into the practice of IV therapy. Hands-on skill evaluations are made in the lab setting following instructor demonstration and practice. Several facilities are available for LPN participants to complete their three required venipunctures in a clinical setting.
The course is coordinated by an experienced Master’s prepared and Board Certified clinician and educator. The Ohio Board of Nursing requires all LPN participants to have a medication card prior to the program and the clinical component.
* Outline the RN’s and LPN’s role, accountability and responsibility relative to IV therapy in terms of law, Board rule, role of the directing professional, healthcare setting and institutional policy.
* Identify the relationship between IV therapy and the body’s homeostatic functions, emphasizing the anatomy and physiology of the cardiovascular and respiratory systems.
* Describe the various types of IV equipment, including criteria for use of each, and means of trouble-shooting for malfunction.
* Calculate infusion rates using standard formulas.
* Initiate IV therapy utilizing Phillip’s 15-step approach, while demonstrating knowledge prerequisite to initiation; i.e., patient and family support, universal precautions, anatomy and physiology of peripheral veins and procedural steps.
* Perform authorized IV therapy procedures as specified in law and Board rule.
* Outline local and systemic complications related to the administration of IV fluids and antibiotics in terms of signs and symptoms management and preventive measures.
* Demonstrate the 15-steps involved in setting up and inserting an IV in the clinical setting including patient and family support during the procedure.
Recent seminar comments:
“I enjoyed this program very much. It not only taught me about IV therapy but reinforced my learning in other areas.”
“The instructor was very effective in teaching and very easy to understand.”
“Having this course will enhance my independence at work without having to get another nurse to do my IV medications and solutions.”
“This Instructor was very knowledgeable and an inspiration to the nursing profession.”
This activity was approved by the Ohio Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurse Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. OBN-001-91. 1.66 of these contact hours are classified as Category A.
10170 Road 5-H;
Educational Concepts, LLC
The description of the company goes here.